Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

He's doing it with his Steeley resolve.
    Justin Steele recorded a career-high 12 strikeouts over eight shutout innings on Monday.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cubs reportedly are calling up top prospect Pete Crow-Armstrong.

Comment

• He's been phenomenal in the field but his bat needs some more seasoning.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          He's been phenomenal in the field but his bat needs some more seasoning.
          based on 8 PA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

based on 8 PA?
            Sure, small sample obviously but he's looked overmatched. I certainly hope I'm wrong.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post

Sure, small sample obviously but he's looked overmatched. I certainly hope I'm wrong.
              That's not a small sample that's a microscopic sample. Means almost nothing. Give him a few games to shake off the nerves and see what he can do at the plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

That's not a small sample that's a microscopic sample. Means almost nothing. Give him a few games to shake off the nerves and see what he can do at the plate.
                Oh I'm certainly in favor of him playing. He would caught both balls that lead to AZ's first two runs on Saturday, which ended in the most-gut-punching fashion. And Tauchman's bat has faded badly.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Cubs placed Brad Boxberger on the 15-day IL, retroactive to September 22, with a right forearm strain.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Disastrous series for the Cubs. Got swept 3 straight by the Braves, getting outscored by only 4 runs. That includes the disastrous error by Suzuki to lose the game on Tuesday. This couldnt have happened at a worse time. If the Marlins hold on and win their game tonite, the Cubs are the odd-team out in the wild card race. And they have to play the tougher team in the Brewers while the Marlins play the Pirates.

Comment

• Cubs apparently fired David Ross as manager and hired Craig Counsell

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Cubs apparently fired David Ross as manager and hired Craig Counsell
                        They're paying Counsel $40 million over 5 years.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Cubs apparently hired Craig Counsell and then fired David Ross
                          Fixed!

Comment

• Cubs you know what to do to make us forget we are sad at you. No try just do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Cubs you know what to do to make us forget we are sad at you. No try just do.
                              I thought the Cubs spent all their money on a manager. Do they have anything left for players?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

I thought the Cubs spent all their money on a manager. Do they have anything left for players?
                                Maybe a replacement for Bellinger. Probably not any HISTORIC players though.

Comment

Working...
                                X