2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    I've read the article, and it is an interesting take. I generally like her work. I don't question her main premise---it was purely service time manipulation. I don't see how anyone can dispute that in good faith no matter the silly things GM's say to cover their asses when it happens. However, the question is how far the duty of good faith and fair dealing stretches. I am sure MLB's argument was that once arbitrary time deadlines were put in the CBA, it was completely understood that things like this would happen. They happened regularly before the last CBA was agreed. If the MLBPA didn't like it, they should have negotiated something in the CBA to prevent it.
    Wow. I was wrong. AP got the copy of the ruling today, and arbiter said that Bryant couldn't prove it was service time manipulation, specifically noting that he wasn't ruling on whether service time manipulation would violate the CBA. Both the MLBPA and MLB can fire the permanent arbiter. Time for the MLBPA to exercise its right. That's just ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Wow. I was wrong. AP got the copy of the ruling today, and arbiter said that Bryant couldn't prove it was service time manipulation, specifically noting that he wasn't ruling on whether service time manipulation would violate the CBA. Both the MLBPA and MLB can fire the permanent arbiter. Time for the MLBPA to exercise its right. That's just ridiculous.
      MLB is happy about this if that's true... that's exactly what they want. If this case doesn't prove service time manipulation then it's basically impossible to prove.

Comment

• "Cubs left-hander Jose Quintana underwent surgery on his left thumb, the team announced today. According to the team’s press release, Quintana suffered a laceration on his left thumb last week while washing dishes at home. The cut required five stitches, and Quintana ultimately required microscopic surgery to “further determine the extent of his injury.”

“The procedure identified a lacerated digital sensory nerve in his left thumb,” according to the Cubs. Quintana will be shut down from throwing for two weeks, and the team will make a further determination on his timetable for a return at that point.

It now seems likely that the ultra-durable Quintana will open the season on the injured list. Remarkably, that’d be the first IL stint ever for Quintana, who has averaged 32 starts and 193 innings per season since becoming a full-time starter in the Majors."
        MLB Trade Rumors: a clearinghouse for legitimate baseball free agent and trade rumors.

Comment

• Chatwood may not be the hero I wanted this season, but with Verlander down, he is the hero that showed up. Man, has been been great in his first two starts.

Comment

• Anyone else notice that the rooftops outside of Wrigley field have allowed fans while the ballpark itself is off limits? And since the Cubs ownership now owns those buildings with the rooftop seating, the team is taking advantage of this unique loophole.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Rowan Wick with his second save.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Anyone else notice that the rooftops outside of Wrigley field have allowed fans while the ballpark itself is off limits? And since the Cubs ownership now owns those buildings with the rooftop seating, the team is taking advantage of this unique loophole.
                Good business decision or greedy bastards?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Good business decision or greedy bastards?
                  Embrace the power of "and".

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Embrace the power of "and".
                    So win win?

Comment

• Not a chance the Cubs would be 8-2 right now with Maddon still at the helm, so glad he's gone. Sorry Angels fans.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Rowan Wick with his second save.
                        You called it back in February! This makes me soooooooo happy. And, for those of us that handcuffed Jeffress, he also has a save...plus a win.
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                          You called it back in February! This makes me soooooooo happy. And, for those of us that handcuffed Jeffress, he also has a save...plus a win.
                          Good call on Jeffress. Given the desire to limit workloads, I suspect some sharing will occur.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Chatwood may not be the hero I wanted this season, but with Verlander down, he is the hero that showed up. Man, has been been great in his first two starts.
                            Sorry, he was a free agent in my league and i had to pick him up after i saw what he did in his first two starts. Of course, he gives up 8 ER now that he is on my team.

ETA: I wouldn't be surprised if he was tipping his pitches in this one. I mean come on, it's the Royals.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Sorry, he was a free agent in my league and i had to pick him up after i saw what he did in his first two starts. Of course, he gives up 8 ER now that he is on my team.

ETA: I wouldn't be surprised if he was tipping his pitches in this one. I mean come on, it's the Royals.
                              Yeah, I knew he would crash back down, but not this far, and not against KC. Ouch. And I benched Paxton for him this week, so I'm sure Paxton will now pitch well.

Comment

• Cubs place RHP Tyler Chatwood on the 10-day IL, retroactive to August 13, with back tightness.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X