Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Ian Happ stinks. That is all.
    And what's worse, there's still considerable downside with him if I'm reading right that he has nearly a .400 BABIP.

OTOH, he's decent in an OBP league.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      And what's worse, there's still considerable downside with him if I'm reading right that he has nearly a .400 BABIP.

OTOH, he's decent in an OBP league.
      yes because they pitch around him to get to the pitcher. My teams are giving me ulcers. He is just one of the culprits.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Anthony Rizzo, since getting moved to the lead off spot is 15-27 with 8 walks in 8 games and has raised his average from .236 to .262, although the power hasn't returned yet. The Cubs coincidentally have won 6 of 8 and taken over first place in the NL Central. So, Rizzo may be leading off for a while longer. With Baez suddenly having an MVP type year, the Cubs don't really have an urgent need for Rizzo in the middle of the lineup.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• David Bote is getting some plate time this year resulting in a .943 OPS. On the Cubs, it's understandable that a 3B option lacks sunlight, but this seems a bit much. If he hits anything like this he seems to have viable OF defense. Is that bat really that good or is it small sample size?

Here is the Fangraph prospect paragraph:
          David Bote, UTIL, 1.7 KATOH – Bote hit .272/.353/.438 at Double-A Tennessee in 2017 and capped his year with an impressive Arizona Fall League. Scouts are buying the bat. Bote generates most of his thump with his lower half, and he’s capable of driving the ball deep into all parts of the outfield. He lacks a position. Bote has seen time at all seven non-catcher positions throughout his career but doesn’t have the hands for the infield or the straight-line speed for center field. He fits best in an outfield corner, but once you start putting that kind of pressure on the bat, the 24-year-old’s 14 home runs at Double-A this year start to feel quite fringey. Some scouts think he’ll make it work as a bat-first bench option.

Is he another Willie Calhoun?

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• His walk up song is "Rebel Rebel".
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• After three months of uncertainty and false hope, the Cubs announced today that Yu Darvish is done for the year. Do the Cubs now use the same doctors as the Mets?
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• What is the prognosis for 2019? Darvish is 32 years old but still racks the Ks. Can he get an ERA under 4.00 in 2019?

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  What is the prognosis for 2019? Darvish is 32 years old but still racks the Ks. Can he get an ERA under 4.00 in 2019?

J
                  The remedy being applied is rest and according to Epstein that his TJ surgery from 2015 shows no damage ligament-wise. What I didn't read was how long does he need to rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    The remedy being applied is rest and according to Epstein that his TJ surgery from 2015 shows no damage ligament-wise. What I didn't read was how long does he need to rest.
                    15 years!
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      My issue is why the Cubs haven't put him on the 60 day DL. I would get $33 in Fabb money if they did. Our last Faab is Wednesday. I don't know what they are waiting for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        My issue is why the Cubs haven't put him on the 60 day DL. I would get $33 in Fabb money if they did. Our last Faab is Wednesday. I don't know what they are waiting for.
                        The Cubs transferred Yu Darvish from the 10 day DL to the 60 day DL on August 10.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          The Cubs transferred Yu Darvish from the 10 day DL to the 60 day DL on August 10.
                          That is not showing up on CBS sports. The comish told me I have to wait until it is announced.

Thank you, I will go find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Thursday!
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• [QUOTE=Mithrandir;312011]Thursday![/QUOTE

nicely played.

Comment

• Kris Bryant just hit his first home run in nearly two months. Now let's keep it going Kris. You owe me big time.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X