2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Why does Contreras sit so much????????????
    Because no one else cares about your fantasy team!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Because no one else cares about your fantasy team!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Thanks for the nonsense!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        I was going to go with "because the management of the best team in baseball knows better how to run a team than a dull-witted librarian" but yours works, too.
        He's sat 8 times in the last 15 games.

You're going to make a great lawyer what with your sparkling personality and excellent people skills!

You still think Puig is relevant, so you're pretty dull-witted yourself.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• And Contreras keeps sitting.

Comment

• Magic number is 1 !!

Comment

• Jason Heyward is making a hard push for comeback player of the year in 2017.
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• What a comeback! Congrats to the Cubbies!

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Holy frijoles! What an amazing game and great series. This game was one of those "team of destiny" kinds of games. The Cubs will be very tough to beat.

I was thinking after Law gave up the first hit in teh top of the 9th --- why not put Cueto in there to close it out? Was he scheduled to pitch next game? Either way, he won't be pitching for a while now.
                  Yeah, he was up next. But what about Samardzjia?

Comment

• I made my first pilgrimage to Wrigley in the summer of 1986 alongside about 10,000 Mets fans also celebrating the launch of Peoples Express airlines.

I met my future bride on the 11th trip and got married in Chicago while Sosa and McGwire both had just beaten Maris's record.

I was in the stands the last time the Mets won in 1986.

I was there the last 2 times the Giants won the Super Bowl, the last 2 times the Jets reached the AFC title game, the last time the Devils won the Stanley Cup, the last 2 times the Knicks were in the NBA Finals, the last 2 times the Nets were in the NBA Finals. and NY Rangers the year before the Stanley Cup in 1994.

I'm saying, it's time. Seeing if I can be there in person, too.

#itshappening
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Go Cubs Go!!

Comment

• They watched that high fastball get called for strikes all night. You would think they would have started swinging at it the second or third time through the order.

Comment

• Great game Cubbies!!

Woo hoo!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

#itshappening
                            not sure I can et there, but #itshappening
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                              Jason Heyward is making a hard push for comeback player of the year in 2017.
                              his contract is threatening to be a cashman-esque disaster:

8 years/$184M (2016-23)

* signed by Chicago Cubs as a free agent 12/15/15
                              * $20M signing bonus (paid in four $5M installments, each April 1, 2024-27)
                              * 16:$15M, 17:$21.5M, 18:$21.5M, 19:$20M, 20:$21M, 21:$21M, 22:$22M, 23:$22M
                              * Heyward may opt out of contract after 2018 season or after 2019 season with 550 plate appearances in 2019
                              * full no-trade protection for 2016-18, may block deals to 12 clubs in 2019-20, may block all deals after 2020 season as 10-and-5 player

that's a lot of dough for .230 and good defense.
                              ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

• Heyward is going to rebuild his swing from scratch this offf-season.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X