2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Arrieta facing the Pirates tonight and he needs a big game to right the ship.
    So much for that. DL trip soon
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      So much for that. DL trip soon
      Something is definitely off with him. Four straight poor starts. My guess is that it's mechanical, but they need to fix this ASAP.

Comment

• Lester put up two duds as well. Annoying. Hope he is ok.

Comment

• Wonder how much the Cubs miss Fowler. He hit the DL June 18 Cubs were 46-20 since then 6 wins 15 loses.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            Wonder how much the Cubs miss Fowler. He hit the DL June 18 Cubs were 46-20 since then 6 wins 15 loses.
            I think that it's more the pitching turning to crap rather than Fowler...although he's glue in CF.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I think that it's more the pitching turning to crap rather than Fowler...although he's glue in CF.

Definitely the pitching. Just wanted to check since Fowler has been out Cubs are averaging from 5.4 runs to 4.7 but the pitching shows a wider margin from 2.7 runs to 6.3. All the starters with the exception of Hendricks have had significant ERA rise.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                Definitely the pitching. Just wanted to check since Fowler has been out Cubs are averaging from 5.4 runs to 4.7 but the pitching shows a wider margin from 2.7 runs to 6.3. All the starters with the exception of Hendricks have had significant ERA rise.
                Here's another consideration: Willson Contreras. Rookie catcher may not know his craft. He was behind the plate for several of the duds.

Comment

• Much-rumored trade chip Dan Vogelbach heads to Seattle for Mike Montgomery

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Much-rumored trade chip Dan Vogelbach heads to Seattle for Mike Montgomery
                    Maybe Montgomery has found his niche, but that looks like a paltry return for Vogelbach.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Maybe Montgomery has found his niche, but that looks like a paltry return for Vogelbach.
                      Yeah, Hammer and I were saying the same thing. Other rumors had the Yanks eyeing Vogelbach in a deal for either Chapman or Miller, so maybe it was the controllable years?

Comment

Yeah, Hammer and I were saying the same thing. Other rumors had the Yanks eyeing Vogelbach in a deal for either Chapman or Miller, so maybe it was the controllable years?
                        Could be, and in fairness, Montgomery was once a top level prospect too. But still...this is his first year excelling in any role.

OTOH, the Cubs just drove up the market for the Yankee relievers. Maybe even for the Brewer relievers.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I thought the deal was light also for the Cubs but Montgomery does fill a need. Not FA until 2021 so they get a few years with him if he can continue success.

Comment

• And as far as Vogelbach goes, as a Cubs fan buddy of mine said, he was their 20th ranked prospect. Not the 20th-ranked prospect in baseball -- but in the Cubs organization!

Comment

• Here's the thing with Vogelbach: Most evaluations assumed, and rightly so, that as a Cubs 1B, he had very low predictive value. He wasn't about to unseat Rizzo and he had nowhere else to play because his defense is sub-par. As a Mariners DH farmhand, I think he probably instantly jumps to become the premier minor league hitter. In my opinion, he's the best minor league bat and he now has a relatively clear path to playing time in 2017. That's a rising stock.

Comment

This Cubs management has been vary careful on how they build the team with a large consideration to club house issues. I don't think Chapman fits their standards. I will also speculate that they Yanks want much much more than Vogelbach for Millar.

Controllable years definitely came into consideration according to Theo on the Score radio interview.

Comment

Working...
                                X