2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Short of a Fowler injury, I just don't see it. I really like AA in a keeper league as a buy low, but in a 14-team redraft league I just don't think he has much value. If you have deep benches, sure, but other than that Id pass
    It is a deep keeper league in the sense that we keep 15 of 30 roster spots, plus an additional 20 minor league slots. So going 50 deep including the minors, it is about as deep as you can get for a 14 team mixed league. But the offseason would be AA's extension year. If he isn't going to play much this year, it would be hard to keep and extend him beyond that.

Comment

• Anthony Rizzo with SB number 6 tonight (4th in the NL). He had 5 all of last year and 6 in 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
        Anthony Rizzo with SB number 6 tonight (4th in the NL). He had 5 all of last year and 6 in 2013.
        20-20 this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
          Anthony Rizzo with SB number 6 tonight (4th in the NL). He had 5 all of last year and 6 in 2013.
          The New Cubs like to run. They had two double steals tonight. I heard the last time that they did this was in the late 90's. I think 780am said on the recap show it was 1997.

Comment

• Even Bryant has gotten in on the steals action, had a steal tonight. He has 2 in 11 games. I certainly can't complain about Bryant's very impressive first 11 games. He is batting .341 with an .471 OBP, after all, even with that 0-4 to start things off. But if you had told me coming in that he'd have more steals than homers in his first dozen games, I'd have been worried about his production.

I still think he is capable of finishing with 25+ homers this year. I know the homers will rise, and the BA and OBP will fall, but it is fun seeing both stats continuing to defy expectations so far.

Comment

• The late Harry Caray showed up on Letterman last night:

Comment

• Phil Coke DFA'd

Comment

• So might Baez be on the way back up with Soler's injury? Maddon could mve Bryant to OF, Baez to 3B (he played 3B the other night)..And he's hitting well down there, too...325/.404/7HR/26 RBI/6SB...might be worth a flier if you have the room. ?
                  12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                  UTIL- Benintendi
                  BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                  SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                  RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                  IL: Buxton

Comment

• Baez broke his finger sliding into second and will be out 4-8 weeks.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Kyle Schwarber in the mix?
                      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                        Kyle Schwarber in the mix?
                        Some "talk" about using him as a DH this week, but I would guess not.

Comment

• Gordon Wittenmyer of the Sun-Times reports that Rafael Soriano has signed a minor league deal with the Cubs today. He is speculating that Soriano will only need 2-3 appearances in the minors before a promotion to the majors. This may make the current closer committee more confusing than it already is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davros View Post
                            Gordon Wittenmyer of the Sun-Times reports that Rafael Soriano has signed a minor league deal with the Cubs today. He is speculating that Soriano will only need 2-3 appearances in the minors before a promotion to the majors. This may make the current closer committee more confusing than it already is.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7...rafael-soriano
                            Or much less confusing.

Comment

• Soriano recently switched agents from Boras to Alan Nero...who also represents, wait for it, Joe Maddon. Take that for what you will...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                Soriano recently switched agents from Boras to Alan Nero...who also represents, wait for it, Joe Maddon. Take that for what you will...
                                A good thing for Maddon and Soriano?

Comment

Working...
                                X