Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Debunked by who?
    The CBA’s definition of the season for service time purposes is: “Major League service will be computed commencing with the date of the first regularly scheduled championship season game, through and including the date of the last regularly scheduled championship season game.” Seems like, by that definition, a tiebreaker game – not being “regularly scheduled” – wouldn’t impact the service year.

Comment

• Bryant called up on Friday, per everyone on Twitter...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Bryant called up on Friday, per everyone on Twitter...
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bryant will be batting fourth in the Cubs lineup today for his big league debut.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Bryant will be batting fourth in the Cubs lineup today for his big league debut.
            and wearing # 17

Comment

• Is he any good? Should I pick him up?
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• ....and in his 1st MLB at-bat he looks horribly overmatched versus James Shields. Welcome to the big time, kid!

Comment

• Bryant just struck out and does not have a hit all season. Should I drop him?

Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• What's he even doing in the majors? Clearly needs more AAA time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      Bryant just struck out and does not have a hit all season. Should I drop him?

Considering the absurd hype he is getting for his debut that is the appropriate response. The MLB At Bat app had an update to watch his first at bat live like it's some great moment in history. Give me a break.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• One more strikeout to tie Cardinals 3B Matt Carpenter with 4 Ks on the year...though hitting a HR would also tie Carpenter for HRs...

Why's he batting cleanup? Pressure doesn't matter since there's already loads of pressure on his shoulders anyway? But I wouldn't have set expectations even higher by batting him cleanup.

Comment

• Somewhere Tuffy Rhodes is laughing.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            Somewhere Tuffy Rhodes is laughing.
                            And somewhere Corey Patterson shouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by james33 View Post
                              But there is no joy in Mudville.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by james33 View Post
                                Man, I had him a prospect with the Cubs and wouldn't trade him for the world.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X