No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard on the Score radio program a few minutes ago that Baez is going to make the roster out of spring training.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I heard on the Score radio program a few minutes ago that Baez is going to make the roster out of spring training.
      Struggling, strikeout-prone Javy Baez said Tuesday he has been told with two weeks left in camp that he will be on the Opening Day roster, and a team official confirmed that Baez was told he’ll make the team as the second baseman.

Comment

I heard on the Score radio program a few minutes ago that Baez is going to make the roster out of spring training.
        The Cubs need somebody to send down when Bryant gets called up.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Joe Maddon has made it known he's impressed with Javier Baez's defensive play and the young infielder's baseball acumen, but neither the manager nor anyone else in the front office has told Baez that he has made the Cubs' Opening Day roster.

Maddon denied a report that Baez was on the final 25-man roster, and added that neither Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein or general manager Jed Hoyer gave the infieder the go-ahead either.

"I have no idea where that came from," Maddon said. "That hasn't been decided yet."

The official website of the Chicago Cubs with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

Comment

• Cubs demote Javier Baez, Kris Bryant, Addison Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
              Cubs demote Javier Baez, Kris Bryant, Addison Russell
              One of these is unlike the others.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Cubs demote Javier Baez, Kris Bryant, Addison Russell
                This just sucks for all baseball fans....reform Super 2!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  This just sucks for all baseball fans....reform Super 2!
                  Baez and Russell are not ready yet. Bryant will be up in about 9 days. I know of no Cub fan that does not understand this business decision.

In fact most agree that they would do the same thing.

Comment

Baez and Russell are not ready yet. Bryant will be up in about 9 days. I know of no Cub fan that does not understand this business decision.

I think that it is 12 days (nine games missed). I will gladly give-up 12 days for another YEAR of control (and no effect on super two status, just what year he becomes a free agent)

Comment

Russell looked pretty ready to me (by the numbers and reports I read) this spring - obviously I didnt catch too many games

Comment

• In an average year there are 183 service days in a major-league season, 162 games and 21 off days. If you accrue 172 days in any season, it is considered a full year. Six full years gets you to free agency. Five years and 170 days does not. If the Cubs wait 12 days into the 2015 season to call up Bryant, he would finish 2015 with less than one year of service time, 171 days total. The smart play is controlling Kris Bryant for seven years, not six.

Major-league debut April 17th at Wrigley Field versus the Padres???

Comment

Major-league debut April 17th at Wrigley Field versus the Padres???
                          Theo and Jed purposefully promoted Baez and Soler during road trips (Colorado and Cincinnati respectively) so that they could get some games in before facing a home crowd. I see them doing the same thing for Bryant, which makes the Pirates series starting on April 20th a better choice for a promotion date IMHO. The Reds series on April 24th would put him in a better hitters park for his first game, which also might have some appeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davros View Post
                            Theo and Jed purposefully promoted Baez and Soler during road trips (Colorado and Cincinnati respectively) so that they could get some games in before facing a home crowd. I see them doing the same thing for Bryant, which makes the Pirates series starting on April 20th a better choice for a promotion date IMHO. The Reds series on April 24th would put him in a better hitters park for his first game, which also might have some appeal.
                            And promoting Bryant the day after his service time date passes would make the Cubs intentions obvious (they still are) and surely bring a grievance from the players union.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              And promoting Bryant the day after his service time date passes would make the Cubs intentions obvious (they still are) and surely bring a grievance from the players union.
                              They won't win.

The real big picture seems to be Boras would like a CBA rules change. He has already calmed down on the demotion. He has already changed his rhetoric from big bad Cubs to issues with the CBA.

Comment

They won't win.

The real big picture seems to be Boras would like a CBA rules change. He has already calmed down on the demotion. He has already changed his rhetoric from big bad Cubs to issues with the CBA.
                                Yeah, 2016 is going to be really interesting when the current CBA expires...there are several issues that really need to be addressed. Now that testing is pretty well done, I hope they can work together to resolve them.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X