X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joncarlos
    replied
    Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Rumors flying about a three way trade involving Jay Bruce, who would go to Toronto. Michael Saunders would go to the Angels and the Reds would get some sort of package of prospects.
    Apparently nixed due to Saunders injury concerns. Gee, whoda thunk it?

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Thanks, i missed that. So, he could end up being a Josh Harrison/Ben Zobrist type of everyday player.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Since 2B Brandon Phillips is vetoing all trades and Suarez looks like Frazier's replacement at 3B, is there any chance that Jose Peraza wins the SS job from Cozart? Although he only played 2B last season, Peraza was originally a SS in the Braves system so he can play either middle infield position. If Billy Hamilton struggles to hit again and if Peraza wins a starting job, the leadoff spot could be his to run with (pun intended).
    This is from Rotoworld today:
    "However, Peraza could wind up being a quasi-regular at multiple positions. "This kid we think is a tremendous player. We have to make the decision on if his value is going to be that type of flexibility and a guy that I can rotate around the field and get him regular playing time," manager Bryan Price said. "There’s no advantages to him being simply a bench player on this team not getting regular playing time. He’s going to play a lot of different positions and we’re going to see what his value is to the big-league ball club."

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Since 2B Brandon Phillips is vetoing all trades and Suarez looks like Frazier's replacement at 3B, is there any chance that Jose Peraza wins the SS job from Cozart? Although he only played 2B last season, Peraza was originally a SS in the Braves system so he can play either middle infield position. If Billy Hamilton struggles to hit again and if Peraza wins a starting job, the leadoff spot could be his to run with (pun intended).

Leave a comment:

• Judge Jude
    replied
    Manager Brian Price just said the closer's job is JJ Hoover's to lose.
    and lose it he will, but I hope to coax a dozen SV out of him first!

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Manager Brian Price just said the closer's job is JJ Hoover's to lose.
    That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement!

Hoover had a 4.4 BB/9 last season, which would be the highest among all 2015 closers besides Aroldis Chapman, who of course, is not human. If you're drafting Hoover, I'd probably make sure to handcuff him with Jumbo Diaz, who has the much better peripherals.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    John Lamb had disc surgery in December and will miss the start of the season, it was announced just the other day.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    The Reds set a MLB record tonight, with rookie pitchers starting 42 consecutive games. The previous record stood 113 years!

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    brandon Phillips with the best fantasy game of the season so far: 4-for-5 with 2 HRs, 7 RBIs, 2 SBs

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by redbroyer View Post
    who gets first crack - Finnegan, Lamb, or Stephenson?
    My guess would be Finnegan.

Leave a comment:

• redbroyer
    Guest replied
    who gets first crack - Finnegan, Lamb, or Stephenson?

Leave a comment:

• james33
    replied
    Ancient history, I know, and I could be very wrong about his contract, but I do remember the Reds promoting Leake to the major league squad very quickly - is that why his contract is up so soon? He still is young.

Leave a comment:

• overkill94
    replied
    Originally posted by whalewang View Post
    What's the future hold for Cingrani in wake of the Cueto trade (and those three arms they received in return)?
    How that rotation plays out is anyone's guess but you'd have to think both Finnegan and Lamb get a shot in the rotation sooner rather than later. Leake might still get traded and Lorenzen's probably on an innings limit so there might be room for everyone in the next month or so.

Leave a comment:

• whalewang
    replied
    What's the future hold for Cingrani in wake of the Cueto trade (and those three arms they received in return)?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Byrd ended up missing just a little more than 2 weeks. Bizarre.

Mesoraco having surgery June 29, so he's officially done for the year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X