No announcement yet.

2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the bullpen ties a record by giving up at least 1 run in 20 consecutive games. I didn't think they would be like the Royals bullpen this year but the starters need to go 9 to get a win.

Comment

They've scored 7 runs in 4 innings and Votto is 0-3. That's Votto's season in a nutshell.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Duvall has been pretty sweet so far. Will he be a threat for 30 HR or crap out?
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Duvall has been pretty sweet so far. Will he be a threat for 30 HR or crap out?
          In the minors over the last 4 years he's averaged ~32 HR per 600 AB. He has been a little old for each level so not a ton of upside.
          But given a full year, he has the background to be that kind of hitter. His .235 ISO matches that kind of expectation.

I'd project a ~25 HR year from him, while still hitting ~.260 if he can keep his starting job all year. The BABIP is a little higher than his career average but not terribly high. Definitely a good OF4 or so in a mixed league if he meets those expectations. I like him. I rostered him in one of my mixed leagues early on.

Comment

Can someone explain to me how Alfredo Simon has a job? Tonight was beyond brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              Can someone explain to me how Alfredo Simon has a job? Tonight was beyond brutal.

my only guess is the Reds thought theyd catch lightning in a bottle with him twice and since the whole staff sucks now, maybe noone will notice that Simon sucks worse and he can eat a few innings. I am having a very hard time watching this team right
              now.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                my only guess is the Reds thought theyd catch lightning in a bottle with him twice and since the whole staff sucks now, maybe noone will notice that Simon sucks worse and he can eat a few innings. I am having a very hard time watching this team right
                now.
                Their bullpen is the worst. Starting pitching not so good either. With Desclafani and Bailey back from the DL plus Reed and Stephenson coming up at some point this should settle their rotation down. Just hard to imagine that there isn't a better option then Simon. The guy is giving up more ER than IP. Got to be heading for a record of some sort.

Comment

Their bullpen is the worst. Starting pitching not so good either. With Desclafani and Bailey back from the DL plus Reed and Stephenson coming up at some point this should settle their rotation down. Just hard to imagine that there isn't a better option then Simon. The guy is giving up more ER than IP. Got to be heading for a record of some sort.
                  Let's be fair, he's been a little unlucky. His FIP is only 7.10...

Comment

Iglesias will help as well.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Let's be fair, he's been a little unlucky. His FIP is only 7.10...
                      I believe that falls into "generous to a fault".
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Wonder if they are thinking of the possibility of becoming a closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                          Any chance they call up Cody Reed, earlier than planned? And, if so, is he ready to succeed at the major league level?
                          No. Definitely not.

Comment

• Billy Hamilton strained oblique. Not sure if this KO's him for the season, but it may very well do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Billy Hamilton strained oblique. Not sure if this KO's him for the season, but it may very well do that.
                              To be re-evaluated in 5-7 days. Price says this may not be a "season-ender."

Comment

• Homer Bailey will be shut down for 4-6 weeks after undergoing surgery to remove bone spurs from his throwing elbow.
                                The expectation is that he'll begin the season on the disabled list. Bailey made his return from Tommy John surgery last year and posted a rough 6.65 ERA over six starts before being shut down with biceps tendinitis. It's hard to be optimistic about him with 2017 already off to a rough start, but at least his ulnar collateral ligament and flexor mass are said to be fine. He's owed $63 million over the next three seasons.
                                Source: Zach Buchanan on TwitterFeb 8 - 2:42 PM

Comment

Working...
                                X