2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    I was just thinking the other day that i haven't seen DQ on this site for awhile. Hope all is well. Nice to hear from you again!

Yeah, i figure if Peraza ever turns into a good leadoff hitter, then Hamilton becomes expendable. The Reds obviously want to find out what they have in Peraza first. All the more reason to find him regular at bats.
    Thanks. It wasn't intentional, but I got out of the habit of visiting here, and I was incredibly busy with my off-stage theater stuff.

Given the "performance" of my teams last year, I think I need all the educated viewpoints I can get.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Or to trade Billy Hamilton before other teams realize they don't just play fantasy baseball?
      Doubtful while he's still not eligible for arbitration. He's also very popular with the fans, and not that many guys are on this team.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Did anyone see how Finnegan looked today? He didnt pitch well in the box score(2 HRs, 5ER in 4IP), but it was the second time in three starts that hes faced the cubs, so I am prepared to forgive him. I dont know much about his prospect status coming in, or anything about him really, other than that he was recieved in the cueto deal. It seems he has a problem with control, but ive heard his stuff is pretty good. How do you guys like him, in say, a 12 team league? Is he a solid back end guy or just a matchup streamer?

Also, whats up with mesoraco? is he still hurt?
        Last edited by ; 04-21-2016, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
          Did anyone see how Finnegan looked today? He didnt pitch well in the box score(2 HRs, 5ER in 4IP), but it was the second time in three starts that hes faced the cubs, so I am prepared to forgive him. I dont know much about his prospect status coming in, or anything about him really, other than that he was recieved in the cueto deal. It seems he has a problem with control, but ive heard his stuff is pretty good. How do you guys like him, in say, a 12 team league? Is he a solid back end guy or just a matchup streamer?

Also, whats up with mesoraco? is he still hurt?
          Cubs rattled Finnegan early with Bryants laser. He looked like he started to overthrow after that and had no feel on his secondary pitches. Disappointing but it looks like the Cubs own the Reds this year so its not surprising.

As for Mes, the Reds are being a bit cryptic and after seeing how they handled his injury last year, I wouldnt be surprised if he is playing through something.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Cubs rattled Finnegan early with Bryants laser. He looked like he started to overthrow after that and had no feel on his secondary pitches. Disappointing but it looks like the Cubs own the Reds this year so its not surprising.

As for Mes, the Reds are being a bit cryptic and after seeing how they handled his injury last year, I wouldnt be surprised if he is playing through something.
            Mesoraco is getting under my skin. Is he droppable for Welly Castillo?

Comment

yessir
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

DeSclafani suffered a setback in his last rehab start and now is no longer expected to make his 2016 debut this week. Raisel Iglesias suffered a "pinch" in his shoulder and is being scratched from his Sunday start.

Comment

Definitely.

Comment

Pirates TV announcers reporting that Raisel Iglesias is heading back to Cincinnati because of shoulder discomfort and will miss his start tomorrow.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Bob Steve time again?

Comment

Robert Stephenson leads the Reds with 2 wins and hasnt been on the big league roster since 4/19 (i think). one save chance this season. the team was going to be lousy to begin with but they cant even get their pitchers through rehab. this is going to be much worse than i thought.

Comment

Any chance they call up Cody Reed, earlier than planned? And, if so, is he ready to succeed at the major league level?
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                            Any chance they call up Cody Reed, earlier than planned? And, if so, is he ready to succeed at the major league level?
                            All depends on whether the trio of Bailey, Lamb and DeSclafani can get thru rehab. I surmise that both Reed and Stephenson will both be contributing to the Reds in the second half. Both need to cut the walks down to have moderate success in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              All depends on whether the trio of Bailey, Lamb and DeSclafani can get thru rehab. I surmise that both Reed and Stephenson will both be contributing to the Reds in the second half. Both need to cut the walks down to have moderate success in 2016.
                              CBS is reporting that Lamb had his scheduled rehab start postponed as he might be called up for a spot start. As a Lamb owner I would not activate his 9.22 era and 2.12 whip for that spot start. He does have 12k's in 13 innings.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                CBS is reporting that Lamb had his scheduled rehab start postponed as he might be called up for a spot start. As a Lamb owner I would not activate his 9.22 era and 2.12 whip for that spot start. He does have 12k's in 13 innings.
                                as of last night, it wasnt clear why Lamb was pulled from his AAA start. Good to see someone made it through rehab somewhat unscathed.

The Reds have considered Lamb a starter. He showed glimpses of effectiveness last year and will get a shot to start this year. From a fantasy standpoint, Lamb isnt for the faint of heart but could pay off if you dont mind leaving him on your bench for a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X