No announcement yet.

2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brandon Phillips with the best fantasy game of the season so far: 4-for-5 with 2 HRs, 7 RBIs, 2 SBs

Comment

The Reds set a MLB record tonight, with rookie pitchers starting 42 consecutive games. The previous record stood 113 years!

Comment

John Lamb had disc surgery in December and will miss the start of the season, it was announced just the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Manager Brian Price just said the closer's job is JJ Hoover's to lose.
          That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement!

Hoover had a 4.4 BB/9 last season, which would be the highest among all 2015 closers besides Aroldis Chapman, who of course, is not human. If you're drafting Hoover, I'd probably make sure to handcuff him with Jumbo Diaz, who has the much better peripherals.

Comment

Manager Brian Price just said the closer's job is JJ Hoover's to lose.
            and lose it he will, but I hope to coax a dozen SV out of him first!
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Since 2B Brandon Phillips is vetoing all trades and Suarez looks like Frazier's replacement at 3B, is there any chance that Jose Peraza wins the SS job from Cozart? Although he only played 2B last season, Peraza was originally a SS in the Braves system so he can play either middle infield position. If Billy Hamilton struggles to hit again and if Peraza wins a starting job, the leadoff spot could be his to run with (pun intended).
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Since 2B Brandon Phillips is vetoing all trades and Suarez looks like Frazier's replacement at 3B, is there any chance that Jose Peraza wins the SS job from Cozart? Although he only played 2B last season, Peraza was originally a SS in the Braves system so he can play either middle infield position. If Billy Hamilton struggles to hit again and if Peraza wins a starting job, the leadoff spot could be his to run with (pun intended).
                This is from Rotoworld today:
                "However, Peraza could wind up being a quasi-regular at multiple positions. "This kid we think is a tremendous player. We have to make the decision on if his value is going to be that type of flexibility and a guy that I can rotate around the field and get him regular playing time," manager Bryan Price said. "There’s no advantages to him being simply a bench player on this team not getting regular playing time. He’s going to play a lot of different positions and we’re going to see what his value is to the big-league ball club."

Comment

Thanks, i missed that. So, he could end up being a Josh Harrison/Ben Zobrist type of everyday player.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rumors flying about a three way trade involving Jay Bruce, who would go to Toronto. Michael Saunders would go to the Angels and the Reds would get some sort of package of prospects.
                    Apparently nixed due to Saunders injury concerns. Gee, whoda thunk it?

Comment

I don't know how much of it is their own doing (though I suspect it's a lot) but man... the Reds just can't get anything right with this rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        I don't know how much of it is their own doing (though I suspect it's a lot) but man... the Reds just can't get anything right with this rebuild.
                        maybe they need to bring in dave stewart to help. oh. wait.
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          What struck me as crazy is that the "prospects" they're getting are from the Angels, who may have the worst current farm system in MLB. What do they have that anyone would really want?

As for "not getting anything right", don't tell that to Walt Jocketty. He has ownership bamboozled into thinking he still knows what he's doing.
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Thanks, i missed that. So, he could end up being a Josh Harrison/Ben Zobrist type of everyday player.
                            If they trade Bruce, all the outfield spots are up for grabs. As much as they love Hamilton, the flaws in his game became exposed last year, yet his skills are such that he could become outstanding trade bait.
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                              If they trade Bruce, all the outfield spots are up for grabs. As much as they love Hamilton, the flaws in his game became exposed last year, yet his skills are such that he could become outstanding trade bait.
                              I was just thinking the other day that i haven't seen DQ on this site for awhile. Hope all is well. Nice to hear from you again!

Yeah, i figure if Peraza ever turns into a good leadoff hitter, then Hamilton becomes expendable. The Reds obviously want to find out what they have in Peraza first. All the more reason to find him regular at bats.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Or to trade Billy Hamilton before other teams realize they don't just play fantasy baseball?

Comment

Working...
                                X