2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Dont look now but the Reds are all alone in 1st in the NL Central, 0.5 G in front of the Brewers.
    It's amazing how well the Reds farm system has developed the last few years. They seem to have leapfrogged over other teams like my Pirates who have had higher draft picks.

I would love to see Joey Votto win a championship before he retires. But, the Reds are probably still a year a two away from being serious contenders.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

It's amazing how well the Reds farm system has developed the last few years. They seem to have leapfrogged over other teams like my Pirates who have had higher draft picks.

I would love to see Joey Votto win a championship before he retires. But, the Reds are probably still a year a two away from being serious contenders.
      Credit where it’s due: Nick Krall rebuilt it via highly successful trades. When he sent Luis Castillo to SEA, he landed a ton of value. And that’s just one example.

Comment

• Elly de la Cruz hits for the cycle, the first for the Reds since 1989.

Comment

• Elly w a cycle tonite (how many rookies have done that?). Also a SB. Currently slashing .367/.424/.667. K rate is still high but it hasnt mattered so far.

Comment

• And the Red machine keeps rolling w their 12th straight win tonite.

Comment

• The Reds are reportedly shopping Jonathan India.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Reds are calling top prospect Noelvi Marte.

Comment

• Graham Ashcraft will undergo season-ending surgery on his right big toe Tuesday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Reds DFA Hunter Renfroe.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Reds DFA Hunter Renfroe.
                      And today the Reds released Hunter Renfroe.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Absolutely devastating loss today for the Reds. They were leading early 9-0 and proceeded to give up 13 unanswered runs (to the Pirates, no less! At home!), the last 4 by their closer, Alexis Diaz, who's been great all year. They lost 13-12. Their slim playoff hopes just got slimmer. They were 2 G out of the last wild card going into this game. I dont know what's happened to Diaz his last 2 outings but he's been beyond brutal: 1 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 3 BB, 0 K!! That's 10.00 WHIP and 63.00 ERA!!! Would have been worse today but one guy was thrown out trying to score. Couldnt have happened at a worse time.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          Absolutely devastating loss today for the Reds. They were leading early 9-0 and proceeded to give up 13 unanswered runs (to the Pirates, no less! At home!), the last 4 by their closer, Alexis Diaz, who's been great all year. They lost 13-12. Their slim playoff hopes just got slimmer. They were 2 G out of the last wild card going into this game. I dont know what's happened to Diaz his last 2 outings but he's been beyond brutal: 1 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 3 BB, 0 K!! That's 10.00 WHIP and 63.00 ERA!!! Would have been worse today but one guy was thrown out trying to score. Couldnt have happened at a worse time.
                          It's a shame. They would be a fun team to watch in the post season.

Comment

• Matt McLain will miss the remainder of the regular season after re-aggravating a right oblique strain during a minor league rehab game on Sunday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Joey Votto was ejected from Sunday’s game in the first inning for arguing balls and strikes. I hope his career doesn't end like that.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Joey Votto was ejected from Sunday’s game in the first inning for arguing balls and strikes. I hope his career doesn't end like that.
                                I havent watched the pitch yet but the announcer on the game I was watching did and said it was way outside. Votto supposedly viewed the pitch on replay in the dugout, then came back out and said something to the ump and was tossed. The announcers said they couldnt imagine what Votto could have said or done to warrant being tossed in what maybe is his last MLB game.

Comment

Working...
                                X