No announcement yet.

2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Votto to be activated off DL today. Wade Miley is the SP for the Brewers. I'd be getting Joey back in my lineup really quickly if you haven't already.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Votto to be activated off DL today. Wade Miley is the SP for the Brewers. I'd be getting Joey back in my lineup really quickly if you haven't already.
      Votto is resembling Dave Magadan or Joe Mauer these days. Zero power.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• David Bell named new Reds manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          David Bell named new Reds manager.
          David and Buddy Bell will become the 5th father-son manager duo in MLB history.

The others:
          Bob and Aaron Boone
          Bob and Joel Skinner
          George and Dick Sisler
          Connie and Earle Mack
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Reds minor league pitcher Jairo Capellan died in a car crash in the Dominican Republic early Saturday.
            Fellow minor leaguers Raul Hernandez and Emilio Garcia were also injured in the crash; Hernandez is in critical condition, and Garcia in stable condition, both in Dominican hospitals. All three players are 19 years old.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Billy Hamilton non-tendered!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Billy Hamilton non-tendered!
                Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.

Comment

• he could hit 25 triples in AT&T
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• It looks like they want Senzel to play CF. So, who loses out most when he comes up to that? Winker or Schebler? I liked both for this year, but with Puig on board, when Senzel comes up, someone is gonna get pushed to OF4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      It looks like they want Senzel to play CF. So, who loses out most when he comes up to that? Winker or Schebler? I liked both for this year, but with Puig on board, when Senzel comes up, someone is gonna get pushed to OF4.
                      Hasn't Schebler really always been an OF4 in disguise?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Hasn't Schebler really always been an OF4 in disguise?
                        Maybe, but he also hit 30 hrs in 141 games in 2017. His power is such that he matters enough that sorting out the answer to this question matters. You are probably right about him being the odd man out, but it sure would be nice to know for certain who out of Winker and Schebler is worthy of keeping or pursuing and who is going to inevitably lose what little value they may have. Do you think they will telegraph the answer this spring, or just wait to see who is hot and who is not to start they year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          Maybe, but he also hit 30 hrs in 141 games in 2017. His power is such that he matters enough that sorting out the answer to this question matters. You are probably right about him being the odd man out, but it sure would be nice to know for certain who out of Winker and Schebler is worthy of keeping or pursuing and who is going to inevitably lose what little value they may have. Do you think they will telegraph the answer this spring, or just wait to see who is hot and who is not to start they year?
                          Bet on Winkler. Adam Duvall hit 33 HR in 150 games in 2016 with only a 104 wRC+ and 31 HR in 157 games in 2017 with a 97 wRC+ (i.e a below average hitter). Schebler hit 30 HR in 2017 in 141 games with a 99 wRC+. Duvall was traded for more or less nothing by the Reds last year to be a fourth OF and his OF defense is well better. Great American Ballpark can make some silly things happen. The Reds seem to have figured that out.

Comment

• To put that in context, the fantasy gold OF of Duvall, Hamilton, and Schebler for a couple of years for the Reds was basically an OF of three Jeff Francouers. And the Reds gave away Duvall and non-tendered Hamilton. They seem to have figured that out. They have four OF options better than Schebler if you count Senzel. I would not worry about him in a playing time issue. Schebler is still on the team because he is not yet arbitration eligible and basically free. I don't think he has options left, however, so he might hit the waiver wire this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              Bet on Winkler. Adam Duvall hit 33 HR in 150 games in 2016 with only a 104 wRC+ and 31 HR in 157 games in 2017 with a 97 wRC+ (i.e a below average hitter). Schebler hit 30 HR in 2017 in 141 games with a 99 wRC+. Duvall was traded for more or less nothing by the Reds last year to be a fourth OF and his OF defense is well better. Great American Ballpark can make some silly things happen. The Reds seem to have figured that out.

Comment

• Just keep a close eye on Winker, who's coming back from shoulder surgery, and could be compromised power-wise.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X