2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    He was so bad for two months that he still ranks below Jurikson Profar.

J
    That isn't much of an insult--Profar has had a surprisingly productive year, and has an OBP of .328.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      That isn't much of an insult--Profar has had a surprisingly productive year, and has an OBP of .328.
      and its doubtful anyone got rid of Hamilton as SBs are so scarce that you couldnt afford to.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        this is such a conundrum to me. Scooter has been fantastic for the second consecutive season. If the reds dont think theyre far off, they may keep him. He is a hometown favorite and I think it may take a top 50 prospect to pry him loose. They may try Senzel in CF (like they did with Hamilton who was a SS). I am not convinced they trade Scooter. I think theres just as good a chance they move 2 of Hamilton, Schebler, Duvall, Winker and let the two remaining join Senzel in the OF.

Otherwise a possible deal for Peraza in the off-season is a possiblity.
        Dealing Peraza after a good season would be smart. Given his low walk and K rates, he will always be beholden to the BABIP gods. While he has slightly increased the walk rate and lowered the K rate this year, he still is more or less what he has always been --- a below-average hitter (currently 87 wRC+ this year; 100 is average) with speed and good defense. He's fine, but nothing special. He should certainly not block Senzel if he can be converted to SS. If the Reds can get something for him, good for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          Dealing Peraza after a good season would be smart. Given his low walk and K rates, he will always be beholden to the BABIP gods. While he has slightly increased the walk rate and lowered the K rate this year, he still is more or less what he has always been --- a below-average hitter (currently 87 wRC+ this year; 100 is average) with speed and good defense. He's fine, but nothing special. He should certainly not block Senzel if he can be converted to SS. If the Reds can get something for him, good for them.
          this is what I am hoping for optimally.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Hammer, you think the Reds will try to deal Scooter soon? Given the ransom that's being asked for Machado, I thought some teams might move on and take a guy who's more reasonably priced.
            Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the Reds are interested in discussing a contract extension with second baseman Scooter Gennett.

Advice: Gennett, who is under team control through the 2019 season, was rumored to be a popular trade chip for the Reds this summer. He told reporters on Friday, "Just from the talks that I've had with the guys in control of all those things, I feel like they want me here. I feel like, just from what I've been told, they want me here for the long term." (source: Rotoworld)
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the Reds are interested in discussing a contract extension with second baseman Scooter Gennett.

Advice: Gennett, who is under team control through the 2019 season, was rumored to be a popular trade chip for the Reds this summer. He told reporters on Friday, "Just from the talks that I've had with the guys in control of all those things, I feel like they want me here. I feel like, just from what I've been told, they want me here for the long term." (source: Rotoworld)
              Read that too. Unless the Reds are given an offer that they can't refused there is no reason to move him.

Comment

• So, what position does Senzel end up long term?

Comment

• Man. I moved him in a good deal. Was worried he would be traded but wish I still had him.

Comment

• Having lived in the Cincy area for 49 of the last 52 seasons, I've noticed how much management and the fans love their "hustling" white guys with local roots, which includes Gennett. One thing that rarely gets mentioned is Gennett's defense, which is offensive. He has little range and a mediocre arm.

IMO their best bet would be to hold on to Peraza and get something for Gennett while he's still hot, but that's not how this franchise usually rolls.

Hamilton--They won't move him. His defense is exceptional. He just has to get on base more (so they'll have to put him back at leadoff) and create havoc. The outfielder most likely to go IMO is Duvall.

Senzel--I'm guessing here, but if they don't deal Gennett, he'll be in LF when he comes up next year. If they trade Peraza, maybe Suarez moves to SS and Senzel goes to third.

What they really have to work on is the rotation. Lots of poo there. Harvey's the best of the bunch, but he's a FA at the end of the year. they should get a prospect for him now.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

• Excuse me sir, but you look like someone who used to hang around these parts.

How are you, Senor Quixote? Long time no see!

I agree with you on Gennett's defense, but gotta be fair, he's turned into a legit bat. He's in year two of a .870 - .900 OPS and he's made improvements in his walk rate, and he's only 28. His numbers now are very close to Robinson Cano in his prime.
                      Last edited by chancellor; 07-18-2018, 01:43 PM.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                        Having lived in the Cincy area for 49 of the last 52 seasons, I've noticed how much management and the fans love their "hustling" white guys with local roots, which includes Gennett. One thing that rarely gets mentioned is Gennett's defense, which is offensive. He has little range and a mediocre arm.

IMO their best bet would be to hold on to Peraza and get something for Gennett while he's still hot, but that's not how this franchise usually rolls.

Hamilton--They won't move him. His defense is exceptional. He just has to get on base more (so they'll have to put him back at leadoff) and create havoc. The outfielder most likely to go IMO is Duvall.

Senzel--I'm guessing here, but if they don't deal Gennett, he'll be in LF when he comes up next year. If they trade Peraza, maybe Suarez moves to SS and Senzel goes to third.

What they really have to work on is the rotation. Lots of poo there. Harvey's the best of the bunch, but he's a FA at the end of the year. they should get a prospect for him now.
                        Good to hear from you!

Thanks for the input, good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          I agree he shouldn't block Senzel but I don't think the Reds should rush to trade Peraza. He only just turned 24 and he's also become a much better base stealer, in addition to making the gains you mention. He consistently put up good numbers in the minors and it seems he's finally adjusting to the majors and showing signs of becoming the player the Reds hoped he could become. If his gains this year are real and he can take another modest step forward, that's quite a valuable player, especially given his contract status.

Comment

• Jesse Winker out for the year

Comment

• Is Iglesias going anywhere?
                              12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                              1B-Cron
                              2B- Villar
                              SS- Andrus
                              3B-Baez
                              MI-L. Gurriel
                              CI- Y.Gurriel
                              OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                              UTIL- Benintendi
                              BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                              SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                              RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                              IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                                Is Iglesias going anywhere?
                                I would bet against it.

Comment

Working...
                                X