2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Can they take your call on Luis Castillo? Not only is he not the star we hoped for, he has been putrid! Guy singlehandedly torpedoed my ERA and WHIP. Dropped 7 more points tonight. Year to date he has been so so so bad.
    I fear a trip to Louisville is imminent. He gets one more shot.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I fear a trip to Louisville is imminent. He gets one more shot.
      I would love for him to take a trip to AAA. He is killing me. And I am not sold that the Reds post-Price have any idea how to fix him.

Comment

• On my bench for the foreseeable future. So much for the preseason prognostication.

Comment

• 6 straight came outta nowhere.

the good
          - Scooter's buy low window has slammed shut. En fuego.
          - Amir Garrett has really thrived out of the pen. He is not just a LOOGY either.
          -

the bad
          - this OF rotation isnt helping. They need to decide on a primary 3. I think Billy is the favorite to become the OF4 but he is hot right now. Duvall has stunk but has zero trade value.
          - Bailey looks washed.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Their whole rotation is serving up gopher balls at an alarming rate:

- Bailey, 2.2/9 IP
            - Castillo, 1.9
            - Mahle, 1.8
            - Romano, 1.5
            - Finnegan, 2.2

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Their whole rotation is serving up gopher balls at an alarming rate:

- Bailey, 2.2/9 IP
              - Castillo, 1.9
              - Mahle, 1.8
              - Romano, 1.5
              - Finnegan, 2.2
              to be expected playing in GABP and the lack of experience on this staff. The buy low window on Castillo is gone after his 22/2 K/BB in his last 3 starts. Romano and Mahle are both decent #3 or 4 SPs and Finnegan is trash. Theres still a lot of work to do but the real issue is the lack of health. Not having Desclafani and Lorenzon has hurt and Hernandez was out up until a week ago.

Comment

• Barnhart quietly having a solid season—.272/.372OBP—and will get most ABs at C here on out, yeah? If I don’t necessarily need HR think he’s an upgrade to Zunino?
                12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                1B-Cron
                2B- Villar
                SS- Andrus
                3B-Baez
                MI-L. Gurriel
                CI- Y.Gurriel
                OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                UTIL- Benintendi
                BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                IL: Buxton

Comment

• Man, I hope Votto isn't out long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Man, I hope Votto isn't out long.
                    He said he is fine which is code for out for the year.

Comment

• Putting aside the two painful losses, theres a lot of good things happening in Cincy.

-Jose Peraza has really started to grow into his role. His terrific June has been followed up by an even better July, making this infield one of the most productive in baseball.
                      - What if Suarez didnt break his finger? Oh my
                      - Billy Hamilton took advantage of Chatwood and Lester this weekend but the bigger key is he got on base. I dont expect tis to last but ride the wave.
                      _ Duvall has slowly crept that BA up and power numbers are very good.

Negatively, Schebler is in a funk and his swing looks very long. Vottos power has been lacking all year and he has made way too many bonehead plays on the bases and in the field. Maybe this is the decline everyone fears.

Comment

• Hammer, you think the Reds will try to deal Scooter soon? Given the ransom that's being asked for Machado, I thought some teams might move on and take a guy who's more reasonably priced.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Hammer, you think the Reds will try to deal Scooter soon? Given the ransom that's being asked for Machado, I thought some teams might move on and take a guy who's more reasonably priced.
                          this is such a conundrum to me. Scooter has been fantastic for the second consecutive season. If the reds dont think theyre far off, they may keep him. He is a hometown favorite and I think it may take a top 50 prospect to pry him loose. They may try Senzel in CF (like they did with Hamilton who was a SS). I am not convinced they trade Scooter. I think theres just as good a chance they move 2 of Hamilton, Schebler, Duvall, Winker and let the two remaining join Senzel in the OF.

Otherwise a possible deal for Peraza in the off-season is a possiblity.

Comment

this is such a conundrum to me. Scooter has been fantastic for the second consecutive season. If the reds dont think theyre far off, they may keep him. He is a hometown favorite and I think it may take a top 50 prospect to pry him loose. They may try Senzel in CF (like they did with Hamilton who was a SS). I am not convinced they trade Scooter. I think theres just as good a chance they move 2 of Hamilton, Schebler, Duvall, Winker and let the two remaining join Senzel in the OF.

Otherwise a possible deal for Peraza in the off-season is a possiblity.
                            It would be tough for the Reds to deal Scooter in the sense that he is just damn good. I would demand a huge haul in return. They also have Trammel who could arrive maybe next season or 2020 for sure. Too bad they owe Votto until 2023. He kinda of reminds me of Miggy's contract.

Comment

• Billy hamilton with a.440 obp over the last 20 games.

Comment

Billy hamilton with a.440 obp over the last 20 games.
                                He was so bad for two months that he still ranks below Jurikson Profar.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X