2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by harmon View Post

I wonder how long the water cooler is out for?
    I dont know but it deserves it for striking out like that.

Comment

• Julio Rodriguez made a slight change to his batting stance before Wednesday's game and is now 13-16 with 4 or more hits in his last 3 games. He also has 2 HR, 8 RBI, & 4 SB in those 3 games. I think it's working.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• With their win tonite and the Jays' loss, Mariners are now the last wild card team.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Julio Rodriguez made a slight change to his batting stance before Wednesday's game and is now 13-16 with 4 or more hits in his last 3 games. He also has 2 HR, 8 RBI, & 4 SB in those 3 games. I think it's working.
          Got 4 hits again tonite. Now, over the last 4 G, 17-22, 2 HR, 8 RBI, 5 R, 3 SB.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

Wow Julio is really en fuego!

From the Seattle Times:
            "It was just about 24 hours earlier, during one of their regular pregame sessions in the batting cages, that DeHart and Rodriguez continued their ongoing attempts to tweak the “load” in the slugger’s swing.
            Rodriguez, at times, has gotten too demonstrative, too big, with that load. He would tend to drop his hands a bit too much and dip his back leg a bit too far, which in turn caused him to feel like he had to speed up his swing.

“We’ve been trying to slow [the load] down and get it quieter,” DeHart said. “We just tried to eliminate it. Get it out of there.”

What they decided to do before Wednesday’s game was have Rodriguez widen his stance. Nothing dramatic, but enough of a shift where Rodriguez felt like he was better connected to the ground and didn’t need an aggressive load before each swing."
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

17-22 holy shit.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Rodriguez is only the 2nd player in MLB history to have at least 4 hits in 4 straight games. The other player - household name Milt Stock for the 1925 Brooklyn Dodgers.

Comment

• In the last week, JRod has raised his BA from .255 to .278! Since August 4, he's 32-for-66 with 21 RBIs. Yowza.

Comment

• Only one hit today. Time to drop him.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rodriguez is only the 2nd player in MLB history to have at least 4 hits in 4 straight games. The other player - household name Milt Stock for the 1925 Brooklyn Dodgers.
                      He's the stock answer for a bunch of vintage baseball trivia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

He's the stock answer for a bunch of vintage baseball trivia.
                        I think I've got a bunch of photos of him.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

I think I've got a bunch of photos of him.
                          Sounds like you are well stocked.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Julio Rodriguez hit his 50th career home run on Saturday. He's the fastest player in Mariners history to reach 50 home runs, doing it in 256 games.

Alex Rodriguez needed 269 games and Ken Griffey Jr. needed 377 games to reach 50 career home runs.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X