No announcement yet.

2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Zunino is being farmed out again today - https://twitter.com/RyanDivish/statu...82235498975232

The Triple-A All-Star game is here in Charlotte on the same schedule as the big league game (and I'm on the road, dammit). PCL has no games Mon-Wed next week so this looks a quick demotion

Comment

• and Taijuan Walker has also been DL'd with that foot issue

Comment

• After his good start vs Toronto on 7/23, it was noted that James Paxton had been working with Mel Stottlemyre on his arm curve. And both his manager and catcher made a point of the improvement.

Here's his last three starts, including that one:
        - vs BOS 8 P, 4 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 6 K
        - @ PIT 5 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 6 K
        - @ TOR 7 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 9 K
        That's three tough matchups.

CBS has him as 59% owned. I'm really hoping he finishes solidly and locks up a rotation spot for next year.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• granted tiny sample size, and he still has as many Ks as hits, but Zunino is hitting .286/.390/.800 with 5 HR in 35 AB.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Taijuan Walker demoted to AAA

Comment

• granted still a tiny sample size, and he still has as many Ks as hits, but Zunino is hitting .282/.402/.690 with 8 HR in 71 AB.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• 2K17 Seattle Mariners

James Paxton & why he got good & how he could get better: http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2016/1...his-best-pitch

Comment

• boy the Mariners are not real popular on this site I guess.

Anyway, I was going to write up something about Taylor Motter but FG did it better than I would have. http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/tay...-head-of-hair/

Things that are interesting about him, granted that it's a tiny sample and he's doing things he never did in the minors or in his brief major league play last year:

Second in MLB so far in average exit velocity
                  Seven of his nine hits so far went for extra bases
                  Already qualifies at OF/SS, will probably pick up others during the season (I've seen a bunch of people calling for him to play first over Valencia)
                  Hasn't stolen any bases yet, but from minors numbers he could probably get at least low double digits, and the Mariners are running a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    boy the Mariners are not real popular on this site I guess.

Anyway, I was going to write up something about Taylor Motter but FG did it better than I would have. http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/tay...-head-of-hair/

Things that are interesting about him, granted that it's a tiny sample and he's doing things he never did in the minors or in his brief major league play last year:

Second in MLB so far in average exit velocity
                    Seven of his nine hits so far went for extra bases
                    Already qualifies at OF/SS, will probably pick up others during the season (I've seen a bunch of people calling for him to play first over Valencia)
                    Hasn't stolen any bases yet, but from minors numbers he could probably get at least low double digits, and the Mariners are running a lot
                    He's also 27 years old, and like you said,he's never done anything like this in the minors to indicate that he's capable of sustaining what he's done up in the bigs in a week. He's not going to replace Valencia, and he's likely to fade into obscurity as one of those "remember that guy who had a great 2 weeks?" guy? Pitchers find the holes a hitter has, he obviously has them, and they'll be found.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Wow, DiPoto said Segura may miss up to 2 months with his ankle injury!

Comment

• Is it me or does Zunino seem to play like every 6th day, despite his clear improvement at the dish?
                        12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                        1B-Cron
                        2B- Villar
                        SS- Andrus
                        3B-Baez
                        MI-L. Gurriel
                        CI- Y.Gurriel
                        OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                        UTIL- Benintendi
                        BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                        SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                        RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                        IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                          Is it me or does Zunino seem to play like every 6th day, despite his clear improvement at the dish?
                          Well, let's not get too carried away with that "improvement" at the plate. In his last 14 games, he's hitting .179 with 18 K's. In his last 7 he's hitting .111. And he only sits roughly every 4-5 games.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                            Is it me or does Zunino seem to play like every 6th day, despite his clear improvement at the dish?
                            As someone stuck with Carlos Ruiz in a draft and hold league...I truly wish this was actually the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Well, let's not get too carried away with that "improvement" at the plate. In his last 14 games, he's hitting .179 with 18 K's. In his last 7 he's hitting .111. And he only sits roughly every 4-5 games.
                              Well, true, yes...at SOME point during this season he showed improvement. Is what I meant. Or something. [Sobs]
                              12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                              1B-Cron
                              2B- Villar
                              SS- Andrus
                              3B-Baez
                              MI-L. Gurriel
                              CI- Y.Gurriel
                              OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                              UTIL- Benintendi
                              BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                              SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                              RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                              IL: Buxton

Comment

• As we head into the all star break, Nelson Cruz is having what might be a career year. Lower home run pace (~30) then his three consecutive 40 hr seasons coming into 2017, but he is leading the a.l. in rbi and on pace for a career high [~125], has his highest walk rate [11%], lowest strikeout rate [19%], and highest on base% [.375].

I think he can keep it up, especially if a just returned from the dl Jean Segura continues to stay healthy. Cano has been great. And Cruz's protection in the 5 slot, Kyle Seager, has been less than expected but should improve.

Go Nellie

Last edited by Art Vandelay; 07-09-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X