Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry DiPoto named the new GM.

Comment

• McClendon shown the door by DiPoto today.

Comment

• Jesus Montero DFA'd

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Jesus Montero DFA'd
          On Easter no less!
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Paxton demoted - Karns is the 5th starter

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              On Easter no less!
              Perhaps Jesus will rise from the dead NEXT Easter.

Comment

• Mike Zunino has a .400/.437/.800 line with seven home runs and 22 RBI in 18 games this season at Triple-A Tacoma

Comment

• Dae-Ho Lee with two jacks tonight, now with four in 32 AB. Adam Lind has a .544 OPS and a 2/20 BB/K ratio in 74 AB. Lee might be getting lucky, but if you're in a deep league and haven't moved yet, it might be time.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Another tonight, opposite field off Smyly. He's started the last four games as well.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Mike Zunino came up and smacked 2 home runs in his return. Power is his calling card, but does he make enough contact to be useful in roto only a.l. league ?

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                        Mike Zunino came up and smacked 2 home runs in his return. Power is his calling card, but does he make enough contact to be useful in roto only a.l. league ?
                        He was having a great year at AAA, so maybe he's turned the corner?

Comment

• in AL only, any catcher with more than a pulse is rosterable

I dealt Saladino for Zunino on Saturday

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            in AL only, any catcher with more than a pulse is rosterable

I dealt Saladino for Zunino on Saturday
                            I could pick him up in trade, he is a 2A (option year is 2018). We play with onbase%, still rosterable ?

Comment

• Zunino is power only. OBP/BA are not his strengths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                                Zunino is power only. OBP/BA are not his strengths.
                                This might just be one of the great understatements of the year.

The only way I take him on is if I'm desperate for HR. And then hope he won't crater my team BA or OBP.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X