No announcement yet.

2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Quentin signed and sent to AAA.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Remember that crappy start by James Paxton the other day? Well, the Rangers appealed a scoring play which had been ruled an error, and MLB agreed with them, adding FIVE more earned runs to Paxton's total.
      Good grief!
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Top 8 teams in "hard" contact, according to Fangraphs, with their corresponding BABIPs (8 teams because there are 8 over 30 percent)

1. Mariners, 32.7%, .268 BABIP
        2. Rockies, 32.7%, .320 BABIP
        3. D-Backs, 32.0%, .307 BABIP
        4. Cardinals, 31.5%, .318 BABIP
        5. Padres, 31.4%, .301 BABIP
        6. Brewers, 31.4%, .278 BABIP
        7. Dodgers, 31.0%, .296 BABIP
        8. Blue Jays, 30.5%, .303 BABIP

Comment

• Cubs trade Welington Castillo to Mariners

Comment

Remember that crappy start by James Paxton the other day? Well, the Rangers appealed a scoring play which had been ruled an error, and MLB agreed with them, adding FIVE more earned runs to Paxton's total.
            Paxton threw 8 shut out innings last start now has 20 straight scoreless innings. Good to see one of my targets actually turning around after a crappy start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
              Cubs trade Welington Castillo to Mariners
              for "Never Nervous" Yoervis Medina.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• James Paxton to the DL with a strained tendon in his finger.

Comment

James Paxton to the DL with a strained tendon in his finger.
                  Iwakuma had a similar injury last year, and he was out for 2+ months (if I remember correctly). A thin M's rotation slims down even more, and you have to wonder when they're going to be able to trade for some reinforcements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                    Iwakuma had a similar injury last year, and he was out for 2+ months (if I remember correctly). A thin M's rotation slims down even more, and you have to wonder when they're going to be able to trade for some reinforcements.
                    Sounds like he'll be out 4-to-5 weeks.

Comment

• Is the $240,000,000 spent on robinson cano going to turn out to be the worst investment EVER ?!

Comment

• I thought Vernon Well's 7 year $126M contract would be the albatross contract by which all other would be measured ... but Cano definitely has a chance to usurp that.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                          Is the $240,000,000 spent on robinson cano going to turn out to be the worst investment EVER ?!

He's 32 years old and has had 1/2 of a bad season...let's not get too caught up in the hyperbole. If he's still doing this next June 12th, we can discuss that possibility...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            He's 32 years old and has had 1/2 of a bad season...let's not get too caught up in the hyperbole. If he's still doing this next June 12th, we can discuss that possibility...
                            I agree, but it was a really bad contract at the time. Even if he started this decent 3 years from now, it was a bad deal. I don't get why teams continue to toss such insane money at vets on the wrong side of 30. I think it is a much better gamble to lock up young stars on the rise with guaranteed money. Even if that star ends up fading, it is a much better gamble. I love those arbitration +2 year deals that have become popular. I hate the 200 million + deals for 30+ year olds that have also become popular.

Comment

• Why? Because most teams tie up their good players well past the 6 years of team control, leaving limited options for teams that didn't develop enough good players of their own. The league is swimming in cash but is spending far less of a percentage of revenues on player payroll than they used to, so, with no salary cap, these deals are not nearly as financially crippling as they might seem.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                                Why? Because most teams tie up their good players well past the 6 years of team control, leaving limited options for teams that didn't develop enough good players of their own. The league is swimming in cash but is spending far less of a percentage of revenues on player payroll than they used to, so, with no salary cap, these deals are not nearly as financially crippling as they might seem.
                                +1

I just don't understand why fans continue to side with the owners in some of these situations. Players who go to free agency in their 30's have obviously had their best years...they're being paid for past performance and hopefully, several really good years under the new contract. None of this is a surprise to management...in Cano's case, it's just more acute at this time. The hope is obviously that he bounces back much like Pujols has...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X