2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Ah yes, i somehow saw 128 at bats in 2004 instead of 138.
    He probably spent more than 45 days on the active roster too since he played in 43 games.

I've given up on trying to calculate those that are close, I just look at the "rookie status" in BRef which tells you what year each player lost rookie status.

Comment

• Munoz with a nice save. 1.1 IP, no hits, no walks, no runs. Oh and 4 Ks.

When do they turn the keys over to Munoz? Guy has been awesome all year. Hoping he is a great keeper for next year.
      Last edited by Sharky; 08-25-2022, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Munoz with a nice save. 1.1 IP, no hits, no walks, no runs. Oh and 4 Ks.

When do they turn the keys over to Munoz? Guy has been awesome all year. Hoping he is a great keeper for next year.
        I picked him up essentially as a throw-in in my AL-only and have the same hope. Sewald's BABIP is .138, so his numbers have illusion written all over them.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I picked him up essentially as a throw-in in my AL-only and have the same hope. Sewald's BABIP is .138, so his numbers have illusion written all over them.
          I got him at auction for $3. Figured he was the future there. Great performance so far but the saves would be a game changer obviously.

Comment

• From RW:

Jesse Sanchez of MLB.com reports that the Mariners and Julio Rodríguez are finalizing a contract extension which will guarantee the outfielder more than $200 million and could be worth more than $450 million.
            Jeff Passan of ESPN has more specifics, saying that Rodríguez is guaranteed $210 million over 14 years and that there are player and team options in the deal. It's not clear how exactly the contract could expand beyond the $450 million mark, but more details should come out in time. The commitment from the Mariners is a huge one when considering Rodríguez has less than a year of service time under his belt, but he's also just 21 and is already a major league star. The likely American League Rookie of the Year winner is batting .269/.328/.471 with 20 home runs and 23 stolen bases for a Mariners club trying to break a 20-year postseason drought.

Wow! A contract of this size at such at such an early tenure of a player may be unprecedented. Wander's contract is $182 mil for 11 years, w a $25 mil option for a 12th yr w a $2 mil buyout.. But in the long run it might be prove to be a smart move.

Comment

• From Jeff Passan:

THREAD: There’s a lot to digest on Julio Rodríguez’s extension with Seattle, per ESPN sources. The deal could be for 8, 13, 16 or 18 years. It guarantees Rodriguez $210 million. If it maxes out, it will be the largest ever: $470 million. The details are important. Here they are.

The base of the deal is for eight years and $120 million. It includes this season and runs through 2029. After 2028, the Mariners must decide whether to pick up a club option. The size and length of that depends on Rodriguez’s performance in MVP voting.

The option is for eight or 10 years on top of the original deal. Depending on how Rodriguez fares in MVP voting — wins and finishes — it can range anywhere from $200-$350 million. If the Mariners pick up the option, Rodriguez’s guarantee in the deal is at least $320 million.

Now, if the Mariners don’t pick up the option after Year 7, Rodriguez has a player option after Year 8 for five years and $90 million — thus, the 13-year structure and $210 million floor. He could turn it down and hit free agency right before his 30th birthday, too.

The likeliest outcome? Julio Rodriguez is a Seattle Mariner through 2037 and makes at least $320 million. Probably much more. And if he turns into the monster that he shown he is in his rookie season, it could be the most financially lucrative deal in American sports history.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                From Jeff Passan:

THREAD: There’s a lot to digest on Julio Rodríguez’s extension with Seattle, per ESPN sources. The deal could be for 8, 13, 16 or 18 years. It guarantees Rodriguez $210 million. If it maxes out, it will be the largest ever: $470 million. The details are important. Here they are.

The base of the deal is for eight years and $120 million. It includes this season and runs through 2029. After 2028, the Mariners must decide whether to pick up a club option. The size and length of that depends on Rodriguez’s performance in MVP voting.

The option is for eight or 10 years on top of the original deal. Depending on how Rodriguez fares in MVP voting — wins and finishes — it can range anywhere from $200-$350 million. If the Mariners pick up the option, Rodriguez’s guarantee in the deal is at least $320 million.

Now, if the Mariners don’t pick up the option after Year 7, Rodriguez has a player option after Year 8 for five years and $90 million — thus, the 13-year structure and $210 million floor. He could turn it down and hit free agency right before his 30th birthday, too.

The likeliest outcome? Julio Rodriguez is a Seattle Mariner through 2037 and makes at least $320 million. Probably much more. And if he turns into the monster that he shown he is in his rookie season, it could be the most financially lucrative deal in American sports history.
                Seattle got an exciting young player locked up for a bunch of years. As a baseball fan I hope it works out but long-term deals are tricky.

Comment

• Julio looks like a generational talent. Better than Franco. He is special. If he stays healthy and stays out of trouble, this will be a steal of a deal for the Mariners. It is a great deal for Julio too, securing his future and that of his children and grandchildren, on down the line.

Comment

• I hope the Mariners don't give Julio his money until the season is over. We don't want him to be distracted.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Julio Rodriguez is 0-2 with 2 K's since becoming a millionaire. Void the contract.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• So, last night i pick up Haggerty to try to get some SB. And this morning it is announced that he has a hand injury from an 8th inning HBP in yesterday's game.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Sam Haggerty with a great almost catch. Hopefully it is on mlb.com

EDIT: https://www.mlb.com/video/tigers-cha...left-fielder-s
                          Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 09-01-2022, 03:08 PM.
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Sam Haggerty with a great almost catch. Hopefully it is on mlb.com

EDIT: https://www.mlb.com/video/tigers-cha...left-fielder-s
                            What a strange play. Had the net not been there, he'd have landed in the seats and it would be called a catch.

When he bounced back onto the field and landed on his back, the ball popped out, so he never had full control of his body and the ball. One announcer said he dropped the ball on the transfer, which means he was transferring it to his throwing hand. Uh, nope.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• From RW:

Mariners manager Scott Servais told reporters after Thursday's game that Julio Rodríguez (back) will undergo an MRI exam on Friday in Kansas City.

Oh no!

Comment

Working...
                              X