Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariners looking at closers?

ugh -- Lord Farquhar

Ugh is right. In my AL only league I have Farquhar, Robertson and Fields (as well as Feliz and Pestano) and I probably won't end up with a single closer.

Why can't teams show faith in these kinds guys and stop going with the stupid logic of "proven guys"?
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      Ugh is right. In my AL only league I have Farquhar, Robertson and Fields (as well as Feliz and Pestano) and I probably won't end up with a single closer.

Why can't teams show faith in these kinds guys and stop going with the stupid logic of "proven guys"?
      One team had faith last year that Jose Veras could be a closer and went with him instead of a "proven guy".
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        One team had faith last year that Jose Veras could be a closer and went with him instead of a "proven guy".
        Are "they" going to go with Fields this year?
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Veras' numbers look pretty good with the Astros. Or is was it a case of numbers not telling the whole story with him?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Veras' numbers look pretty good with the Astros. Or is was it a case of numbers not telling the whole story with him?
            I think Veras accomplished exactly what the Astros had in mind--close well, be dealt well. Is he a free agent? (KS) If so, would the Astros consider signing him again?
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Working...
            X