No announcement yet.

2k24: Kansas City Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royals sign Bobby Witt Jr. to an 11-year, $288.7 million contract extenstion, according to ESPN’s Jeff Passan.

The deal also includes a club option after the 11th season that would tack on three years and $89 million to the contract, giving it a 14-year, $377 million ceiling.

The contract also gives Witt four player opt-outs after each of years seven through ten.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Michael Wacha to the IL with a fractured left foot.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Royals acquired RHP Hunter Harvey from the Nationals for INF Cayden Wallace and a Competitive Balance A pick.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Royals acquired RHP Hunter Harvey from the Nationals for INF Cayden Wallace and a Competitive Balance A pick.
          That's a pretty steep price to pay for a setup guy. How long until he usurps McArthur as the closer?

Comment

• Speedster Dairon Blanco who prior to Saturday's game, had 1 HR and 5 RBI in 97 AB, exploded for 2 HR and 7 RBI in one game.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Royals currently have the second best run differential in MLB. They are +109. Only the Yanks are better and not by much (+116). Last year, they were -183. So, a 292 run improvement!
              Last edited by rhd; 08-18-2024, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Dont look now but the Royals now are tied for 1st w Cleveland in the AL Central. They play each other later today for sole possession of 1st place.

Comment

• Vinnie Pasquantino has been diagnosed with a broken right thumb and will miss 6-8 weeks.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Vinnie Pasquantino has been diagnosed with a broken right thumb and will miss 6-8 weeks.
                    Too bad, he was having a breakout season and was on pace for 125 RBIs

Comment

• The Royals are still 4.5 games up in the playoff race, 9.5 games ahead of the defending champions.
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                      X