2k23: Kansas City Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I doubt he supplants Merrifield, however the mlb stat line isn't exactly fair for a 22 yo with just 209 PA. Why not reference his .297/.330/.525 in AAA last year as well?
    I'll even go as far as "KC can't possibly be that stupid". If Jay would start in CF, and they want Mondesi at 2B, then Merrifield will play 3B or 1B, both positions that KC is pretty underwhelming at right now. But Merrifield isn't going to the bench.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      How good would Mondesi's glove have to be to put his .181 ba/.226 OBP in over Merrifield?

How bad would Merrifield's glove have to be to take out his 3 year average of 10 hr 24 sbs .285 and .323 OBP?
      That doesn't follow. Compare Merrifield's glove to Jay's and Jay's bat to Mondesi's. Also take into account that the organization is saying that they want kids to get AB.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I am lazy. Not all AAA translates to major league success. As the AL only owner of both maybe a little whistling in the dark. I need KC to make some decisions by March 17th (auction day).
      That would be nice. Saying you are going to play the kids does not always translate into playing the kids. Managers want to win games. That said, I think the organization wants to give Cuthbert and Mondesi a real chance.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Not all AAA translates to major league success.
        No doubt you are correct. I'm sure he's somewhere in the middle, although that is a vast expanse between those. Hopefully he's much closer to the AAA numbers than the MLB ones.

Comment

• Jorge Bonifacio suspended 80 games for PEDs.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Jorge Bonifacio suspended 80 games for PEDs.
            There goes his golden opportunity. I assume Jay/Orlando benefit the most but as a Mondesi owner I'd love to see Merrifield move to center.

Comment

Flaming stupidity doesn’t even begin to describe this.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                There goes his golden opportunity. I assume Jay/Orlando benefit the most but as a Mondesi owner I'd love to see Merrifield move to center.
                It does explain the signing of Jay. Still, I think you have the right. Mondesi will get time at 2B because Merrifield is in CF.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• roster resource has jon jay at lead off, whit merrifield batting second. Does this set up result in fewer stolen bases for whit?

Comment

• Nate Karns to the DL with elbow issues; they say he'll move to the pen upon his return. too bad, he was looking like a good late game pick.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                      roster resource has jon jay at lead off, whit merrifield batting second. Does this set up result in fewer stolen bases for whit?
                      I think that happens regardless.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Jay is leading off for game 1 at least... TBD if that continues.

Comment

• What's up with Nate Karns? He was supposed to throw a simulated game on April 9, according to RotoWorld, but there hasn't been any news since then. Anyone have any news on him?

Thanks
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Jorge Soler out at least 6 weeks with a broken foot.

Comment

Jorge Bonifacio expected back tomorrow. He’s hitting .409/.480/.553 in an 11-game rehab assignment at AAA.

Comment

Jorge Bonifacio expected back tomorrow. He’s hitting .409/.480/.553 in an 11-game rehab assignment at AAA.
                                If you had to guess, what happens, if Bonifacio plays well, when Soler comes back? Soler was playing well before he got hurt. Who loses ABs?

Comment

Working...
                                X