2k23: Kansas City Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Terrance Gore seems to have made the squad. Might scoop him up with a FAAB bid for cheap speed. Just don't know if he will play at all.
    I've got both Gore and Mondesi, looks like I have solved my speed issues if they both start and GOB
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Yeah, I like Mondesi, but putting a HOF or close to HOF ceiling on him is crazy. I do think he is likely to develop more power than Escobar and Andrus though.
      Any regular at age 21 should be considered a candidate for the Hall. It requires at least one major step forward and consistency at the new level, but everyone has always talked about his tools.

For 2017 Escobar and Andrus are more realistic. If he develops with his age group, they will be his floor by 2020.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        He went for $3 in AL Tout Wars. For comparison, Jorge Polanco went for $10. At those prices, I'll take Mondesi.

What's the long term upside? Jimmy Rollins? Roberto Alomar? Is the downside Nick Ahmed with speed?

J
        Raul Mondesi demoted to AAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Raul Mondesi demoted to AAA.
          With Merrifield playing well, it's hard to see Mondesi cracking the big league roster any time soon.

Unless ...

What are the Royals going to do with Alcides Escobar? Will they trade him for a handful of beans at midseason and bring up Mondesi?
          Or keep him and hope he will begin to produce?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boone View Post
            With Merrifield playing well, it's hard to see Mondesi cracking the big league roster any time soon.

Unless ...

What are the Royals going to do with Alcides Escobar? Will they trade him for a handful of beans at midseason and bring up Mondesi?
            Or keep him and hope he will begin to produce?
            Escobar's a free agent at the end of the year. I can't see the Royals holding onto him much longer.

Comment

Escobar's a free agent at the end of the year. I can't see the Royals holding onto him much longer.
              Thx. So Mondesi comes up to finish the year as the Royals shortstop? Makes sense to give the kid some major league experience in a stress-free (rebuilding) season ...

Comment

• from yesterday - how NOT to run home when the guy trying to stretch a single into a double represents the THIRD out of the inning ... that's Lorenzo Cain ...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lorenzo Cain is walking to the plate while watching Eric Hosmer get tagged out at second base WHILE DOWN SIX RUNS. Run doesn&#39;t score. <a href="https://t.co/SKRlswRRx8">pic.twitter.com/SKRlswRRx8</a></p>&mdash; BP Toronto (@BProToronto) <a href="https://twitter.com/BProToronto/status/879087906740207617">June 25, 2017</a></blockquote>
                <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

edit: bummer, embedding that tweet didn't work ... oh well, here's a link
                Last edited by TranaGreg; 06-26-2017, 10:21 AM.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Royals sign Jon Jay to a 1yr deal

Comment

• That has to be for CF. Wow.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      That has to be for CF. Wow.

J
                      Yes, there have been rumors of them moving Merrifield to CF, but this appears to put the kibosh on that move.

Comment

Yes, there have been rumors of them moving Merrifield to CF, but this appears to put the kibosh on that move.
                        Maybe. Might just be a 4th OF, too and insurance in case Soler crashes and burns again.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Makes some sense. Jay was once a very good glove man, but he doesn't have the range he used to have. Whit Merrifield is no glove genius, but he does have a background in CF. It would give them a place to play can't-make-up-his-mind-on-a-first-name Mondesi, who is a whiz fielding 2B.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• How good would Mondesi's glove have to be to put his .181 ba/.226 OBP in over Merrifield?

How bad would Merrifield's glove have to be to take out his 3 year average of 10 hr 24 sbs .285 and .323 OBP?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              How good would Mondesi's glove have to be to put his .181 ba/.226 OBP in over Merrifield?

How bad would Merrifield's glove have to be to take out his 3 year average of 10 hr 24 sbs .285 and .323 OBP?
                              I doubt he supplants Merrifield, however the mlb stat line isn't exactly fair for a 22 yo with just 209 PA. Why not reference his .297/.330/.525 in AAA last year as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I doubt he supplants Merrifield, however the mlb stat line isn't exactly fair for a 22 yo with just 209 PA. Why not reference his .297/.330/.525 in AAA last year as well?
                                I am lazy.

Not all AAA translates to major league success.

As the AL only owner of both maybe a little whistling in the dark. I need KC to make some decisions by March 17th (auction day).

Comment

Working...
                                X