No announcement yet.

2k23: Kansas City Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get the Raul Mondesi call up. He missed 50 games due to suspension this year, and still needs work in the minors. Disappointing as an owner, because it looks like he is going to lose rookie elg this year while not being read to contribute.

Comment

Raul Mondesi named the starter at 2B.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        With those wheels, that's big news, especially for AL Only.

Now can he make enough contact to keep the job?

Comment

Was at the game yesterday he stole 3 bases with ease.. Third once and he really was disrupted to the pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            With those wheels, that's big news, especially for AL Only.

Now can he make enough contact to keep the job?
            I'm betting no, but will be throwing him out early hoping about six owners disagree with me.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I'm betting no, but will be throwing him out early hoping about six owners disagree with me.
              I really don't get how they've handled him his whole career. He is a guy with loud tools, including legit 70 speed. He has great potential, but they have never allowed him time to let his production catch up with his abilities. He has to have been one of the most rushed players I've seen through the minors to the majors. At no time has he ever shown mastery of a level before being promoted. Even now, he is just 21 years old, and would benefit so much from time in AAA. He may overcome this, and he may learn a lot in the majors being out there every day.

But clearly, they think his defense and speed are ready now, and they think the best place for him to refine his hitting is in the majors. They are willing to let him learn on the job, but there will be growing pains offensively. I still think, despite everything I've said, he has a chance to develop into a quality every day middle infielder for roto, so I'd go the extra buck in a keeper league. But in the short term, don't expect a good BA, and don't expect any power. He has been told to focus on contact and legging out singles and stealing bags.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-27-2017, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Saw this coming. The team is rebuilding and RM has hit a ton this spring. It's easy to forget that he's only 21.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  Saw this coming. The team is rebuilding and RM has hit a ton this spring. It's easy to forget that he's only 21.

J
                  I can't say I saw this coming but sure hoped so. I traded for him in my only league. He comes with a salary of $10. So I say woo hoo.

Comment

He went for $3 in AL Tout Wars. For comparison, Jorge Polanco went for $10. At those prices, I'll take Mondesi.

What's the long term upside? Jimmy Rollins? Roberto Alomar? Is the downside Nick Ahmed with speed?

J
                    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-27-2017, 06:28 PM.
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Terrance Gore seems to have made the squad. Might scoop him up with a FAAB bid for cheap speed. Just don't know if he will play at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        He went for $3 in AL Tout Wars. For comparison, Jorge Polanco went for $10. At those prices, I'll take Mondesi.

What's the long term upside? Jimmy Rollins? Roberto Alomar? Is the downside Nick Ahmed with speed?

J
                        I think the long term upside is more Alcides Escobar or Elvis Andrus?

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          It wasn't very long ago people were doubting Billy Hamilton. Defense and speed make up for a lot ills.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            I think the long term upside is more Alcides Escobar or Elvis Andrus?
                            Yeah, I like Mondesi, but putting a HOF or close to HOF ceiling on him is crazy. I do think he is likely to develop more power than Escobar and Andrus though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              It wasn't very long ago people were doubting Billy Hamilton. Defense and speed make up for a lot ills.
                              Understood, and he may get that opportunity in KC, especially if they tear it down this year. I just don't think that's the most likely outcome.

If he'd go for a buck or two, I'd probably be in. I'm hoping for a bidding war.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Mondesi went for $14 in my 10-team AL-only last weekend. Before the announcement of him winning the starting job. I was not in the bidding.

Comment

Working...
                                X