No announcement yet.

2k23: Kansas City Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would anyone even play in a mixed league? Unless your mixed league is 20+ teams, why bother. You probably have all star players on your reserve rosters and guys with 20 Hr on the free agent list.

Only leagues are the way to go. Deep reserve rosters (17 players) where you can do your homework and really build your team. Cuba, Japan, college, low minors and RHD's list is where you go to dig for gold. To me that is where I enjoy this game the most.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
      Why would anyone even play in a mixed league? Unless your mixed league is 20+ teams, why bother. You probably have all star players on your reserve rosters and guys with 20 Hr on the free agent list.

Only leagues are the way to go. Deep reserve rosters (17 players) where you can do your homework and really build your team. Cuba, Japan, college, low minors and RHD's list is where you go to dig for gold. To me that is where I enjoy this game the most.
      Or blah blah blah blah blah blah that's what I like to do.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post

I can understand that having to do homework on twice as many players in a mixed league isn't for everyone. But i myself find it to be quite enjoyable. Plus, nobody has their roster decimated on July 31 when players change leagues. And the daily dropping and adding of players in a mixed league with limited roster space adds another element to the in-season management of the team. There's 14 managers in my 25 year old league that love it. To each his own i guess.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I was looking for the Royals World Series thread. Where is it?

I like them against the Mets. A real showcase of glove CF.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

From RotoWorld:

Royals purchased the contract of INF Raul Mondesi from Double-A Northwest Arkansas.
            Mondesi has been added to the Royals' roster for the World Series while Terrance Gore has been taken off. He'll have a chance to become the first player ever to make his major league debut in the World Series. One of the Royals' top prospects, the 20-year-old batted .243/.279/.372 with six homers and 19 steals over 81 games this season in Double-A while splitting time between shortstop and second base. He'll serve as middle infield depth and give Ned Yost another pinch-running option.

Intriguing move.

Comment

Gore must have done something to really piss Yost off. In game 6 when a pinch runner was needed he went to Orlando instead of Gore. I was surprised at the time but there must have been something going on.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Mondesi does have the look of a pinch runner, though his defense is supposed to be pretty good as well. The kid has a gun, just like his papa.

It's a bit confusing, since his older brother is named Raul Jr.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  Mondesi does have the look of a pinch runner, though his defense is supposed to be pretty good as well. The kid has a gun, just like his papa.

It's a bit confusing, since his older brother is named Raul Jr.

J
                  Not quite as confusing as Rougned Odor, who has a brother by the same name who, like him, also plays 2B in the Rangers org. Would love to see how the announcers handle it if and when they're both in MLB w the Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    Not quite as confusing as Rougned Odor, who has a brother by the same name who, like him, also plays 2B in the Rangers org. Would love to see how the announcers handle it if and when they're both in MLB w the Rangers.
                    Trying to pick one at the draft could be an adventure as well. How about calling them number one Odor and number two Odor?
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats to the Royals on a dominant postseason. They were never out of a game, and they seemed to get stronger every game. It was fun to watch as a baseball fan.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        Point. The "older" brother is now a greybeard of 21. This could go on for a while.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Most of the KC roster hits the Free Agent market in 2018:

SP:
                          - Edinson Volquez (2017 option)
                          - Jason Vargas
                          - Kris Medlen (2017 option)
                          - Chris Young
                          - Danny Duffy
                          *(not Yordano Ventura - he's signed long term)

RP
                          - Wade Davis (2017 option)
                          - Luke Hochevar (2017 mutual option, so likely he'll be fa in 2017)

*(not C Salvador Perez - has 2017-2019 options)
                          1B Eric Hosmer
                          2B Omar Infante (2018 team option, at this rate unlikely to be exercised)
                          3B Mike Moustakas
                          SS Alcides Escobar (2017 option)
                          CF Lorenzo Cain
                          OF Jarrod Dyson
                          DH Kendrys Morales (2017 option)
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

So CBS is projecting 60 SBs for Jarrod Dyson in 2016. Is that a typo? 60!? Where did that come from? The next highest number is Altuve at 36. Something is amiss...

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                              So CBS is projecting 60 SBs for Jarrod Dyson in 2016. Is that a typo? 60!? Where did that come from? The next highest number is Altuve at 36. Something is amiss...
                              I could see that figure if he were to get 600 PAs, but that's not in the realm of possibility. Plus, they're projecting him for just 313 ABs, which makes sense considering he can't hit lefties and will almost certainly be in a platoon. So I would guess that it is a typo.

Of course, I would never use CBS projections anyways.....

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Of course, I would never use CBS projections anyways.....
                                Agreed. Stop that. You'll just hurt yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X