2k23: Kansas City Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    If you had to guess, what happens, if Bonifacio plays well, when Soler comes back? Soler was playing well before he got hurt. Who loses ABs?
    Neither. Both will play.

Comment

• Hunter Dozier has been on a tear. His strikeouts are down and his isolated power has surged. He's a former 1st round pick, so this is not completely unexpected.

Has he turned a corner, or is this just a hot streak from a streaky player? He's already 27. Does he have any real value in 2019?

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        Hunter Dozier has been on a tear. His strikeouts are down and his isolated power has surged. He's a former 1st round pick, so this is not completely unexpected.

Has he turned a corner, or is this just a hot streak from a streaky player? He's already 27. Does he have any real value in 2019?

J
        I'm not sure what you mean by strikeouts down, he has 18 Ks and just 1 BB in his last 15 games. That's not good.

I would not buy in at all.

If he's a few bucks in a deep only league I'd consider him, otherwise I don't see any appeal personally.

Comment

• Down as in 35% to 25% for over six weeks. You're right about the walks.

A few bucks in a deep league is about what I thought. I would need him to be the top 12-15 3B.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• am I missing something or did Whit Merrifield just majorly undervalue himself? 4 years, $16.25M - could go to $30M with all incentives. I get that he's already 30 but if this guy was a free agent I gotta think that he'd be worth double that, if not more.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              am I missing something or did Whit Merrifield just majorly undervalue himself? 4 years, $16.25M - could go to $30M with all incentives. I get that he's already 30 but if this guy was a free agent I gotta think that he'd be worth double that, if not more.
              I'm thinking Markakis signing for 6m and Asdrubal signing for 3 probably scared the hell out of him. But that does seem incredibly cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                I'm thinking Markakis signing for 6m and Asdrubal signing for 3 probably scared the hell out of him. But that does seem incredibly cheap.
                Not sure why those would have influenced him, they have very different skill sets and they are 3+ years older than him. Their contracts relate more to his *next* contract after this extension is over, not his current one.

Comment

• I just read up on Merrifield's situation. They just bought out his arb years, this was not a situation related to free agency at all. Apples and Oranges.

Comment

• yeah, it makes more sense from that perspective. Here's a breakdown:

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• At his age, it's hard to recall he has only three years major league experience.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Considering he is my best keeper in an AL only, I’m thrilled. For him, of course.

Comment

• 1b frank schwindel has been added to the opening day 25 man lineup.

KC is going no where, schwindel showed some nice power last year in triple A. Worth a flier in reserve rounds of only leagues

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            1b frank schwindel has been added to the opening day 25 man lineup.

KC is going no where, schwindel showed some nice power last year in triple A. Worth a flier in reserve rounds of only leagues
                            AND Lucas Duda? AND Ryan O'Hearn? Is everyone on their team either a speed demon or a sluggardly 1B? So I guess their regular OF is Soler-Gordon-Hamilton and only Gore in reserves? (And Chris Owings I guess?)

Comment

• The Royals could have THREE 40+ SB guys. They really should start-off their lineup with all three of them, that would really be something. What's the point in batting the has-been Alex Gordon third?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                The Royals could have THREE 40+ SB guys. They really should start-off their lineup with all three of them, that would really be something. What's the point in batting the has-been Alex Gordon third?
                                Maybe because he just missed an OPS of 1.000 in Arizona.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X