Who has the brighter future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the brighter future?

Which of these two do you like the most?
    D'Arnaud
    0%
    Zunino
    0%

The poll is expired.

拖裤子,
    放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

The second one, not close.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      The second one, not close.
      Interesting. I don't question your choice but your saying its not even close.
      拖裤子,
      放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Well, the first one definitely has some talents that the second doesn't. That's true. The second has potential as yet unrealized though. He can do everything! He's an all-around performer. Also he is gritty and plays the game the right way. The first one is kind of a head case.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Oh I didn't see the poll on top. I just liked having opinions.

That said, I actually do like Zunino a lot better. He was a lot more impressive in the minors, and I get really nervous with Mets prospects just because I think the Mets org is more likely to give up on a guy and bring in a free agent to replace him. Not that that's necessarily going to happen here, but I feel like they're pretty quick on the trigger in general and the Mariners will probably give Zunino more chances to develop. And D'Arnaud just hasn't been that impressive in the minors, other than in Las Vegas. And, of course, Zunino is two years younger.

Comment

We've heard from mjl why he prefers Zunino. I'd be interested in hearing from someone who voted for D'Arnaud and why they did so. Thanks.
            拖裤子,
            放屁

Comment

Wow...I think D'Arnaud is superior both offensively and defensively to Zunino. While they both play in parks that aren't great for hitters, D'Arnaud's approach fits better with his home park, IMO.

I'm not sure where the D'Arnaud as head case has come up, but the Mets pitchers gave him very high points for how he called a game, blocked balls, and framed strikes. If he struggles offensively for a while, I think his defense will give him the time to work out the kinks. I'm not sure Zunino will have that kind of rope.

All that being said, Zunino has prodigious power. But he has Cerrano disease right now - straight ball, he hit it very far. Curveball, bats are afraid.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
              X