off season trade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off season trade...

14 team mixed....5x5...$300 draft day budget...8 keepers. I am the two time defending champion so i am willing to take some risks.

6 for sure keepers in bold. Need 2 more. Thoughts. Should I keep Anibal Sanchez?

And would you try and trade for Miggy who would be $67? I know that is a ridiculous price, but do i have enough value in my other keepers to take on this high salary? The team who has Miggy has a real bad list of potential keepers. Who would you offer for Miggy? Or forget Miggy at that price ?

Thanks!

C - Montero $6
    1b - Freeman $20
    2b - Pedroia $37
    3b - A Rod $1
    SS - Segura $1
    OF - Trout $11
    OF - Swisher $9
    OF - Rios $9
    OF - Werth $15
    Util - Byrd $1
    Util - Venable $1
    Bench - Craig $6

Hamels $36
    Bumgarner $17
    An. Sanchez $16
    Ubaldo $3
    Frieri $6
    Street $17
    Cishek $1
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 11-23-2013, 10:58 PM.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Segura $1
    Trout $11
    Werth $15
    Venable $1
    Craig $6
    Bumgarner $17
    An. Sanchez $16
    Ubaldo $3

No on the trade. I think you would be paying for MVP-Triple Crown Cabrera with a good chance of "only" getting All-Star Cabrera.

Then we would need a new forum for all of your @#&% Miggy threads.
    Last edited by madducks; 11-22-2013, 03:32 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Segura $1
      Trout $11
      Werth $15
      Venable $1
      Craig $6
      Bumgarner $17
      An. Sanchez $16
      Ubaldo $3

No on the trade. I think you would be paying for MVP-Triple Crown Cabrera with a good chance of "only" getting All-Star Cabrera.

Then we would need a new forum for all of your @#&% Miggy threads.
      No more player bashing threads from me...

And why would you suggest keeping Werth at $15 instead of Rios at $9?

Thanks madducks..
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        And why would you suggest keeping Werth at $15 instead of Rios at $9?
        Both are good keepers. But, i think Werth (if healthy) will give you more HR and a higher AVG. Rios does give you more SB, but Werth won't hurt you there either. Venable and Rios seem very similar to me so i went with the cheaper Venable.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Both are good keepers. But, i think Werth (if healthy) will give you more HR and a higher AVG. Rios does give you more SB, but Werth won't hurt you there either. Venable and Rios seem very similar to me so i went with the cheaper Venable.
          I do like Werth and will be considering him as a keeper. I like Venable too, but he seems more likely to have a mediocre year than either Rios or Werth. And now Texas has Prince so will that help Rios' numbers???

I will have to throw out some trade offers involving them

Comment

The first names that jumped out at me for freeze purposes were Venable and Frieri. Cishek and Straily aren't far behind.

I'm not sure about going after Miggy, as that's a huge amount tied up in one player, but with so many possible keepers, I'd certainly look at a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 somewhere in the league.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
              The first names that jumped out at me for freeze purposes were Venable and Frieri. Cishek and Straily aren't far behind.

I'm not sure about going after Miggy, as that's a huge amount tied up in one player, but with so many possible keepers, I'd certainly look at a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 somewhere in the league.
              Thanks Don.. My goof in that I don't have Straily.

Comment

Yes on Anibal, and I'd keep Freeman at 20 without a moment of hesitation and Werth. That'd be a scary good list in a 14-teamer.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd keep Ubaldo over Sanchez any day of the week...the last 4 months of the season, he was crazy good. More than a K per inning as well. I'd also keep Frieri, he'll drive you nuts, but at this point there's nobody in the wings waiting to take the job away. Rios over Werth is also an easy one for me, Rios is a 20 HR, 30 steal guy, and those are tough to find. Werth is simply too brittle for my tastes.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    I'd keep Ubaldo over Sanchez any day of the week...the last 4 months of the season, he was crazy good. More than a K per inning as well. I'd also keep Frieri, he'll drive you nuts, but at this point there's nobody in the wings waiting to take the job away. Rios over Werth is also an easy one for me, Rios is a 20 HR, 30 steal guy, and those are tough to find. Werth is simply too brittle for my tastes.
                    You believe in Ubaldo? Man i would love to keep him for $3, but it just seems so risky.

And i guess i shouldn't deal for Miggy at $67,,that IS too much...right?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Yes on Anibal, and I'd keep Freeman at 20 without a moment of hesitation and Werth. That'd be a scary good list in a 14-teamer.
                      Thanks Chance. I LOVE Freeman and think he will just get better...

Comment

You believe in Ubaldo? Man i would love to keep him for $3, but it just seems so risky.

And i guess i shouldn't deal for Miggy at $67,,that IS too much...right?
                        Look at his last 4 months of last year, it's lights out. His stuff has never been an issue, and now he seems to have found a way to use it. I'd take the chance to save 13 bucks at auction.

As far as dealing for Miggy goes, I don't share Madducks feeling, I think that Miggy is Miggy, regardless of who's around him, he's totally elite. I'm considering keeping him at 60 in an 18 teamer...
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

There's not much risk with a $3 Ubaldo. I also like Freeman. I just thought the other players were better values.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

There's not much risk with a $3 Ubaldo. I also like Freeman. I just thought the other players were better values.
                            The risk is keeping ubaldo and he stinks while not keeping another less risky player who has a really good season.

Comment

The risk is keeping ubaldo and he stinks while not keeping another less risky player who has a really good season.
                              That's always a risk, isn't it?

Here's my advice on a wild card like Ubaldo--follow the Costanza method. Figure out what Costanza would do and do the exact opposite. Or what I would do, which seems to be about the same thing.
                              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                              -- William James

Comment

Working...
                              X