X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Johnny Dickshot never bashes cynical takes...we need more cynicism.
    We definitely need more Pauly takes. He has been much wiser than me on most calls. He has texted me a few times on a player I dismiss and the dude goes off the next day. Pauly needs to post more. Smart guy

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    I rarely give mlb clubs credit for player development. But taking a star prospect and putting him at a position he has never really played (and one - 3B - that routinely leads to injuries)? Kudos to MIN for not doing it. Now they should have played him in the OF just to keep his bat in the lineup, but that’s a different issue.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    That's a really cynical take. Service time manipulation doesn't even make sense at this point. Even if he stayed up the whole year he wouldn't have a full year of service, that has already passed.

I don't think 3B is so easy that a guy who hasn't played more than 1 game in his minor league career there (outside of the AFL) can just step right in. After they sent him down he played 3B for the first time all year.
    Johnny Dickshot never bashes cynical takes...we need more cynicism.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    So you dont think the MLB caliber SS can play third base? Really? When the team signed Carlos Correa to block their best prospect? After looking deeper, The only way it makes any sense at all is good old fashioned service time manipulation. He will be back as soon as they get another year.
    That's a really cynical take. Service time manipulation doesn't even make sense at this point. Even if he stayed up the whole year he wouldn't have a full year of service, that has already passed.

I don't think 3B is so easy that a guy who hasn't played more than 1 game in his minor league career there (outside of the AFL) can just step right in. After they sent him down he played 3B for the first time all year.

Leave a comment:

• Pauly
    replied
    Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Because they need someone to play 3B not SS?
    So you dont think the MLB caliber SS can play third base? Really? When the team signed Carlos Correa to block their best prospect? After looking deeper, The only way it makes any sense at all is good old fashioned service time manipulation. He will be back as soon as they get another year.

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Still not understanding why Lewis was demoted in favor of Miranda. That cant last right?
    Because they need someone to play 3B not SS?

Leave a comment:

• Pauly
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Unless he starts to heat up, I can't see how they can carry a guy hitting under .100
    Still not understanding why Lewis was demoted in favor of Miranda. That cant last right?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Miranda scuffling. Does he get sent down soon?
    Unless he starts to heat up, I can't see how they can carry a guy hitting under .100

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Miranda scuffling. Does he get sent down soon?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Chris Paddack to the 60-day DL with elbow soreness. Hello TJ again?
    Yessir, see you in ‘24!

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    Seems to be a thing with Padres, even former ones...

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Hope everyone enjoyed the previous week of Buxton production:

Byron Buxton left Saturday's contest against the A's early with right hip tightness.

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Wondering whether to activate Lewis or not. We have to activate after 2 or 3 weeks. Even if Lewis is sent back down, good chance he’s up for a large portion of 2022? Or tough to say?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X