Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madducks
    replied
    Time to get on the roller coaster again. Buxton started his most recent rehab on Friday by going 0-2.

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied
    Here's what Luis Arraez has done since July 4, not including tonite:

.404/.452/.511, 1 HR, 9 RBI, 15 R, 1 SB

No power and no speed but he's a hit machine. .435 BABIP over this period but his season BABIP is .346 and that's below his career figure! Do you realize that in 3 partial seasons he has a .326 career BA (728 AB)? That would top MLB if he "qualified". He also has more BBs than Ks.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    A catcher, just like Minnesota needs, plus a back of the rotation guy! Oh, and you guys can throw in Kiriloff, too.
    Kiriloff, in two games at AAA had .500 BA, 1.500 SLG, 2.000 OPS. The funny stat, HR/FB = 200%. Check out the Fangraph page.
    Alex Kirilloff career batting statistics for Major League, Minor League, and postseason baseball

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 08-16-2021, 05:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Wow, that is nuts. I wonder what the record for positive homer differential is in a lose? I'd be shocked if 7 was not the record.
    7 is the most HRs for a team in a loss, a tie with the Tigers, who had 2 games where they homered 7 times and lost.

In both of the Tigers' games they gave up several themselves.

So 7 has to be the largest positive differential when losing.

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Twins outhomered Detroit 7-0 today and lost. How often does that happen?
    Wow, that is nuts. I wonder what the record for positive homer differential is in a lose? I'd be shocked if 7 was not the record.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Originally posted by rhd View Post
    That reminds me of the Yankees losing the 1960 World Series to the Pirates 4 games to 3 despite outscoring them 55-27.

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Buxton of course always derailed bu injuries. Can't see that getting better as he ages.
    Well, there is Bryce Harper to consider....

EDIT TO ADD: And the Padres might just come out to play if they want multiple people from Minnesota. They just gave up their #5 prospect to the Pirates to get Frazier, so Preller is presumably willing to deal some of the top end talent, unless the GM is from the Cubs and they just give away ace pitchers....
    Last edited by chancellor; 07-26-2021, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    well Berrios is the only guaranteed real diamond down the road as Byron is speculative and seeing as the Twin aren't going to pay him what he feels he's worth, his Potential is diminished by his injury history, Rodgers would just be a guy and Maeda is--to quote Orel Hershiser--Held together with bailing wire--you start with Berrios, whom they want a MLB player plus a top prospect or two. Paddack, Campusano and a depth milb guy, then add from there.

Thing is, with the acquisition of Frazier, they no longer need Buxton. I'm also pretty sure they're going after Kimbrell and might bring back Davies in any deal with the Cubs. So, Paddack, Campusano and a guy for Berrios should get er done.

But that's My thinking--Preller will probably get them all for less.

But you're also talking to the guy who got Ohtani for a 2nd rd pick so I might be being a bit unrealistic :P

What Bene said...no need for a catcher for the next 5 years, and gee, a back of the rotation guy who's skills are eroding weekly? Fantastic!

They'll likely hold on to both Buxton and Barrios since they really believe that can contend next year...and they'll deal with the problems then. It would really have helped if either player ever lived up to the supposed potential they have. Buxton of course always derailed bu injuries. Can't see that getting better as he ages.

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

rubbing salt in the wounds...
    LOL, never brother. You know me, I think I can get gold for my garbage. AND I get lucky every once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

But you're also talking to the guy who got Ohtani for a 2nd rd pick so I might be being a bit unrealistic :P

rubbing salt in the wounds...

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    Nevermind Twins Fans, looks like the Padres are getting Scherzer. Or maybe they'll get both by throwing in Khalil Greene

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Man, you're like the old time (20 years ago) Yankee fans who thought that they should be able to get diamonds for nothing. What do you propose to give up for this haul of Twins?
    What do you mean, 20 years ago? They still think they can get Gallo or Story for Clint Frazier.

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    A catcher, just like Minnesota needs, plus a back of the rotation guy! Oh, and you guys can throw in Kiriloff, too.
    So you're saying--there's a chance!

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    Man, you're like the old time (20 years ago) Yankee fans who thought that they should be able to get diamonds for nothing. What do you propose to give up for this haul of Twins?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X