No announcement yet.

2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danny Santana sent down, Kennys Vargas called up...Escobar back to SS. Sounds like Vargas is going to be inserted right back at DH pretty much full time...

And the best record in the American League...who could have ever seen that coming?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Aaron Hicks is emerging into the star they hoped he was. When Buxton comes back, how does the OF shake out?

Comment

Let's not get too carried away here, he's had a nice month and a half, let's see what he can do over the course of a full season.

Buxton is and will stay, the CF of the future, Hicks is going to go to one of the corner spots, and eventually, either Arcia or even Sano is going to be out there. Rosario is a nice player, but he just doesn't have enough "ommmmph" to stay out there full time.

The Twins biggest problem is that albatross at 1st base, sooner or later they're going to have to eat that contract and make way for a real 1st baseman. And a catcher...yeah, a real catcher...too bad that guy at 1st...oh never mind.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

My league has a 10-game eligibility requirement for next year - Sano is sitting at 9 games started at third base. Anyone think there's any chance at all he gets one more appearance at third, or are his nagging injuries putting the nix on my hopes?

Comment

The Twins made Tanner Friggin Roark look like Nolan Ryan today.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              The Twins made Tanner Friggin Roark look like Nolan Ryan today.
              And yet they make Chris Sale look like Tanner Roark!
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Buxton didn't look bad today.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                  buxton didn't look bad today.
                  lol!!
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Buxton didn't look bad today.
                    No K's, steppin' up!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Really struggling to evaluate Gibson. Thought he had momentum at the end of last year. Really looks mediocre this year. Not like he gives a lot of Ks, so if his control/GB is off, it's a train wreck. Should I cut bait of be patient? Hornsby or other Twins fans have some perspective?

Comment

• Alright, I fold...4 more K's today should get Buxton sent down to work on pitch recognition. The problem is the Twins don't have anyone better to take his place right now unless they decide to put Danny Santana in there when he comes back from the DL. That's the issue with a young team, everything is contagious, bad hitting is as contagious as good is...it's be nice to sprinkle some vets (no, Mauer doesn't count, he's never been a leader) in to show the kids how to handle a slump. Maybe the folks that said that Torii was a huge difference last year were right, I never believed it, but...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Yeah he just seems lost. They have Kepler down at AAA who they could swap him out for

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
                            Yeah he just seems lost. They have Kepler down at AAA who they could swap him out for
                            Actually, Kepler is up, they just didn't play him that much.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Actually, Kepler is up, they just didn't play him that much.
                              I'm kind of baffled why they don't give him a chance. I realize he hasn't been great or anything in his limited PT, but he's pretty decent defensively (not Buxton, but still pretty good). Give him a 1-2 week run at the job, and if he's overwhelmed, toss Danny Santana back in there and Kepler can head back to AAA to get ABs and shore up his weaknesses.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Barrios coming up! Much dancing and celebration!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X