2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Sano strained hamstring. DL stint looks probable.

Shit.
    Yep, 15 day DL...Kepler back up.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Kepler hit .282/.367/.455, 1 HR, 1 SB at AAA.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Oswaldo Arcia DFA'd

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Oswaldo Arcia DFA'd
          This after some major media confusion, hearing/reporting that Buxton was being sent back down. He started hot after call-up, now he's back to his old ways. Is he just not able to adjust when P's adjust to him? All that said, defense alone could keep him up...http://m.mlb.com/news/article/184281...-major-leagues
          12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
          1B-Cron
          2B- Villar
          SS- Andrus
          3B-Baez
          MI-L. Gurriel
          CI- Y.Gurriel
          OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
          UTIL- Benintendi
          BENCH: Pence, Dyson
          SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
          RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
          IL: Buxton

Comment

• Buxton 4 for his last 35. I think I may have short-changed Hamilton when I compared the two.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Buxton 4 for his last 35. I think I may have short-changed Hamilton when I compared the two.
              And he's whiffed 21 times in 58 ABs with just 2 walks since being recalled. He's the same guy he was as before his demotion.

Comment

• So....when Sano comes back, who takes the PT hit - Kepler or Buxton or Park?
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  So....when Sano comes back, who takes the PT hit - Kepler or Buxton or Park?
                  I'd guess none of the above...this season is a train wreck of unimaginable proportions. I'm going with Plouffe being traded and Sano going back to 3rd, where he's actually OK. Once they get rid of Mauer, he slides over to 1st in my dream world.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    I'd guess none of the above...this season is a train wreck of unimaginable proportions. I'm going with Plouffe being traded and Sano going back to 3rd, where he's actually OK. Once they get rid of Mauer, he slides over to 1st in my dream world.
                    Interesting perspective, thanks! Is there really any chance other than a dream that the Twins can deal Mauer?

Comment

Interesting perspective, thanks! Is there really any chance other than a dream that the Twins can deal Mauer?
                      Almost impossible with his skillset these days. The Twins would have to eat at least 75% of his salary, IMO, and even that might not be enough. I think that the fan base would be fine with it though, the local boy makes good angle is long over, they could probably cut him without much of an outcry at this point. I think that the Yanks might bite on him for the right price (virtually nothing), he could do pretty fine with that short porch in Yankee Stadium.

Frankly, they just need to go total teardown and start over with the kids learning on the job...if your going to lose 100+ games, might as well find out what you have for the future.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Agree that the Yankees make the most sense, and if any team can spare the cash, it's them. If the Twins are just willing to get rid of him and not get a significant prospect, the Yanks might take on more of his salary. I'm hoping you're right about the tear down as I have a cheap Kepler that I'd love to have the opportunity to deal to a dumping team.

Comment

• Hmmmmm...for you Chance.

Mike Berardino ‏@MikeBerardino 10m10 minutes ago

Ryan wouldn't say if Sano will definitely return to the outfield when healthy. "I haven't got there yet."

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Agree that the Yankees make the most sense, and if any team can spare the cash, it's them. If the Twins are just willing to get rid of him and not get a significant prospect, the Yanks might take on more of his salary. I'm hoping you're right about the tear down as I have a cheap Kepler that I'd love to have the opportunity to deal to a dumping team.
                            The Yanks have Greg Bird waiting to take over 1B in 2017. I'm sure they'd have very little interest in Mauer.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              The Yanks have Greg Bird waiting to take over 1B in 2017. I'm sure they'd have very little interest in Mauer.
                              IDK, what has Greg Bird ever done? If the Yanks can get Mauer cheap, they have a very good OBP guy with probably close to 20 HR power in that stadium...I doubt Bird sniffs those stats.

I still don't think it'll happen, but it's not going to be Greg Bird stopping it if it doesn't.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                IDK, what has Greg Bird ever done? If the Yanks can get Mauer cheap, they have a very good OBP guy with probably close to 20 HR power in that stadium...I doubt Bird sniffs those stats.

I still don't think it'll happen, but it's not going to be Greg Bird stopping it if it doesn't.
                                Bird hit 11 HRs in 157 ABs last season, which was more than Mauer's hit in all but two seasons of his career. And he's 12 years younger. The last thing the Yanks need is another graybeard ready to fall off the cliff or become injury prone.

Comment

Working...
                                X