No announcement yet.

2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dozier is crushing the ball in the spring but no SBs. Any fans have any insight? or just wait

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      Dozier is crushing the ball in the spring but no SBs. Any fans have any insight? or just wait
      Just wait...no reason to run in ST when you already have the skill. All you'll do is risk injury...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Twins send Aaron Hick down today, and demoted Mike Pelfrey to the bullpen, both moves that probably wouldn't have happens with Gardy in charge. I like the new look of the coaching staff so far. And Pelfrey, who should kiss the asses of everyone in the Twins front office for giving him millions to suck, whines:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/tw...297878831.html
        Maybe Pelfrey's fire was what he needed to get pumped for the season? IDK, but he looks pretty good now. Any way this old dog has learned a new trick or two? Is there a shot in hell he manages to keep his job and pitch half way decent this year?

Comment

Am I correct in seeing that the Twins have a grand total of 9 HR's so far as a team?

Comment

Oswaldo Arcia to the 15-day DL. At least they had the courtesy to do it before lineups are set!

Comment

Eddie Rosario became the 29th player in MLB history to homer on the first pitch he ever saw in the majors.

Comment

Kennys Vargas optioned to AAA.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Kennys Vargas optioned to AAA.
                  I know he's been struggling but i didn't think he was playing bad enough to be demoted.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    I know he's been struggling but i didn't think he was playing bad enough to be demoted.
                    I suspect they just don't know what to do with Vargas...he can't play defense, he gets winded running the bases, and he doesn't seem to get it at this point. So since he's not killing it with the bat, they'll send him down and hope that he gets a little wake-up call. They've got Arcia coming back soon too, so they need to make room for both him and Nunez.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

The Twins have not one, but two starters striking out less than 4.0 batters per 9 innings.

Comment

1/2 game out of first, 10 games over .500 after 50 games!! Yeah, I am surprised, are you ?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                          1/2 game out of first, 10 games over .500 after 50 games!! Yeah, I am surprised, are you ?
                          Yeah, it's pretty much smoke and mirrors at this point, but the good thing is that there's plenty in the pipeline to make it all real very soon. They'll have a couple of interesting dilemmas before too long...where to play Sano, he's about ready, and Plouffe has turned himself into a really solid major league 3rd baseman. The obvious solution is 1st, but they can't dump Mauer at any price, and that horrible contract runs through 2018. Buxton is probably not coming up until next season, still a lot of rust to knock off, and he has to prove that he's over the injury bug. They still need a SS, Danny Santana is not the answer, IMO. Erv Santana is coming back sooner rather than later, so someone in the rotation takes a seat. And I think that Barrios forces his way into the rotation next year...kid is nails.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Plouffe came up as a SS but I'm guessing he no longer has the range to play there?

Comment

Oswaldo Arcia to the 15-day DL. At least they had the courtesy to do it before lineups are set!
                              Activated from the DL and then optioned to AAA. Between him and Vargas, there's two power bats that have totally shit the bed.

Comment

Activated from the DL and then optioned to AAA. Between him and Vargas, there's two power bats that have totally shit the bed.
                                And yet they're in first, crazy!
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X