2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    I think the club should donate the half a million to a charity of Hughes' choice...
    +1....
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Rotoworld:

Patrick Reusse of 1500 ESPN reports that the Twins have fired manager Ron Gardenhire.
      Source: Patrick Reusse on Twitter
      Sep 29 - 1:07 PM
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

... and apparently the entire coaching staff.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I don't follow the Twins closely but I did get to know Gardy in the mid 80s. Is this his fault or has he just been playing with no talent on the field? This the 2nd managerial change the Twins have had since I graduated college so it isn't like they fire guys just for losing records all the time.

Comment

The Twins were talent short, but some of that has been Gardy's doing, too. He's pushed for players in the past that have "intangibles" over talent. Since the Twins now have some serious talent in the pipeline, I'm sure they assessed whether Gardy was the right guy after all these years and came up with "probably not".

Maybe Seitz will move north.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Maybe Seitz will move north.
              Heck, no. I'm quite happy where I am.

Unless you are referring to the actual major league hitting coach. I have no idea what he might want to do.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Phil Hughes has 5 BBs in 16 IP this spring, compared to 16 in 210 IP last season. Concerning or just amusing?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Phil Hughes has 5 BBs in 16 IP this spring, compared to 16 in 210 IP last season. Concerning or just amusing?
                  Amusing...this should be in the overreact to ST stats thread.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Twins send Aaron Hick down today, and demoted Mike Pelfrey to the bullpen, both moves that probably wouldn't have happens with Gardy in charge. I like the new look of the coaching staff so far. And Pelfrey, who should kiss the asses of everyone in the Twins front office for giving him millions to suck, whines:

Pelfrey said he is “frustrated and a little upset” over the move. “I was told in December [it would be an] open competition,” Pelfrey said. “I don’t know what happened. I wasn’t outpitched.”
                    Aaron Hicks was optioned to Rochester, along with another outfield candidate, Eddie Rosario. The decisions mean the Twins plan to use Jordan Schafer and Shane Robinson in center field, for now.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      Twins send Aaron Hick down today, and demoted Mike Pelfrey to the bullpen, both moves that probably wouldn't have happens with Gardy in charge. I like the new look of the coaching staff so far. And Pelfrey, who should kiss the asses of everyone in the Twins front office for giving him millions to suck, whines:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/tw...297878831.html
                      LOL at Pelfrey. The article mentioned Kennys Vargas might not be DH. Do you know details? I thought he was a shoe-in.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        LOL at Pelfrey. The article mentioned Kennys Vargas might not be DH. Do you know details? I thought he was a shoe-in.

It seems like he's really out of shape...he's a 270 pound guy, and the last quote I read from Molitor was something to the effect that Vargas needs to be in good enough shape to play 9 innings at 1st. That kind of says it all...

But I'd put good money that he starts at DH for opening day, they really don't have anyone else but Escobar and Nunez, neither who are any real threat at DH.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Jordan Schafer...40+ steals??

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
                            Jordan Schafer...40+ steals??
                            Depends on whether he can hit above .230...if he hits .270 or so, I'd say that was a realistic figure. If he can't, he'll split time with Shane Robinson and eventually both will yield to Buxton if he can stay healthy.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm hoping the Padres deal some of their BP depth for Escobar and cut Barmes......
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                I'm hoping the Padres deal some of their BP depth for Escobar and cut Barmes......
                                I could see this...the Twins really need solid arms back there. The only fly in the ointment is if Santana can really cut it long term at SS.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X