2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    The guy is simply a MASSIVE human being...is there some fat there on the frame? Sure, but he's also an impressive athlete. He comes from one of the most impoverished parts of the Western Hemisphere, so I can't claim to know much, if anything, as to what its like to grow up in that sort of poverty.
    Yeah, no doubt, he is a big dude. But if I recall correctly, there were concerns him caring extra weight would lead to injuries, and it has. As you said before, maybe being sent down will be good for him. Maybe he will decide to try it the team's way, which, I believe, will include a new nutrition program for him to maintain optimal health and mobility. It is hard to do for many, and both he and Panda have proven you can be decent at 3rd, even carrying extra weight. Still, it would be in his best interest to try to come to camp next year weighing must less.

As far as being poor and then having access to food, for me, I sure did balloon up when I finally had funds to eat as much and when I wanted. At home, I was a latch key kid that never ate breakfast and was too embarrassed to eat the free lunches at school, so just ate one meal a deal most of the time. So I was super thin while living with my mother. I lived off of Ramen in college, but once I got a decent job and had unlimited access to food, I ballooned up. Certainly being deprived early can cause one to over indulge later. At the moment, I'd love to be at my old college weight. Or at least within 20 lbs of it.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-15-2018, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Yeah, no doubt, he is a big dude. But if I recall correctly, there were concerns him caring extra weight would lead to injuries, and it has. As you said before, maybe being sent down will be good for him. Maybe he will decide to try it the team's way, which, I believe, will include a new nutrition program for him to maintain optimal health and mobility. It is hard to do for many, and both he and Panda have proven you can be decent at 3rd, even carrying extra weight. Still, it would be in his best interest to try to come to camp next year weighing must less.

As far as being poor and then having access to food, for me, I sure did balloon up when I finally had funds to eat as much and when I wanted. At home, I was a latch key kid that never ate breakfast and was too embarrassed to eat the free lunches at school, so just ate one meal a deal most of the time. So I was super thin while living with my mother. I lived off of Ramen in college, but once I got a decent job and had unlimited access to food, I ballooned up. Certainly being deprived early can cause one to over indulge later. At the moment, I'd love to be at my old college weight. Or at least within 20 lbs of it.
      I think that I am near my college weight, I was fat then too...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Eduardo Escobar= 48 RBIs(?), 32 doubles, leading the AL(?), 155 OPS+, 54 above his career high(?)

WTF?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Eduardo Escobar= 48 RBIs(?), 32 doubles, leading the AL(?), 155 OPS+, 54 above his career high(?)

WTF?
          I know right!!

I picked him up a few weeks ago after he was dropped in my 14 team mixed. Reaping the benefits! Will it continue? Probably not to this extent though.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Will it continue? Probably not to this extent though.
            As with most cases it's a slightly mixed bag.

His .353 BABIP is a little on the high side, but not terribly high. I'd expect it to come down ~20 or 30 points which puts his average back in the .270-.280 range. But the BABIP is supported by his increase in hard hit % (up to 43% vs 30% career)..

I suspect he won't continue being *this* good, but he'll be a fantasy starter, and a pretty good one at that.

Comment

• BTW, he's on pace to break the MLB record for doubles...currently held by the immortal Earl Webb with 67 doubles for Boston in 1931. Escobar is on pace for 75...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• yu guys Mushed him

Eduardo Escobar was removed from Thursday's game against the Red Sox due to an apparent injury.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Eduardo Escobar= 48 RBIs(?), 32 doubles, leading the AL(?), 155 OPS+, 54 above his career high(?)

WTF?
                  Party's over. He realized who he is.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Party's over. He realized who he is.
                    Guaranteed he gets traded in July.

Comment

Guaranteed he gets traded in July.
                      For what? A bag of chips??

Comment

For what? A bag of chips??
                        He's got a 138 OPS+. That's not a shlub. He might not be a star, but he'll fetch a good prospect.

Comment

• You forget that Mith plays in a 6 team mixed league. He is still trying to decide to drop Betts to pickup Judge from his FA list.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                            You forget that Mith plays in a 6 team mixed league. He is still trying to decide to drop Betts to pickup Judge from his FA list.
                            I actually don't play in any leagues. I just like coming here to converse with the guys.

Comment

• And, two months later than most of us expected, Ervin Santana is finally activated and starts today.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Ugh, what a terrible team this has turned out to be. Virtually unwatchable. Nothing that draws a fan in in the hopes that they'll see a future star, mediocrity or less at just about every position...and hope in the minors is far away. The only thing that can possibly save them is if Sano and Buxton finally live up to their hype, and I've given up any hope that'll happen.

I look at what the Rays have done and I admire the hell out of it...what a future they have.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X