2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    He's under the Mendoza line and just back from an injury. Where should he bat? He has four tools, but the hit tool is the most important.
    He should certainly bat ahead of Adrianza, and most likely Garver as well. Yeah, he's just back from an injury, but your doing his confidence no favors by batting him 9th.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• He's fresh off the DL, and he has speed; secondary leadoff hitter makes sense. (And I do have him in one league, but not daily, so he won't be back for me until Monday.). But seriously, he's 0-2 with two whiffs. He's not showing he needs to hit higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        He's fresh off the DL, and he has speed; secondary leadoff hitter makes sense. (And I do have him in one league, but not daily, so he won't be back for me until Monday.). But seriously, he's 0-2 with two whiffs. He's not showing he needs to hit higher.
        It's his 1st game back...it's not like they gave him a chance to show that he should hit higher. And wouldn't the secondary leadoff guy theory make more sense for a player who's actually hitting better?

Anyway, the problem tonight is Barrios...pitches are flat, no breaking ball to speak of. Something is amiss here I fear.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

Anyway, the problem tonight is Barrios...pitches are flat, no breaking ball to speak of. Something is amiss here I fear.
          18 ER in last 18 innings over last 4 starts. Looks very hittable these days. Controls is still there. By amiss are you thinking arm issue or just dead arm type thing?
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            18 ER in last 18 innings over last 4 starts. Looks very hittable these days. Controls is still there. By amiss are you thinking arm issue or just dead arm type thing?
            I don't think that it's a dead arm thing, his velocity seems to still be in the mid 90's, but man, that frisbee slider that he has just isn't there anymore...maybe something does hurt so that he can't throw his breaking stuff with the bite that it had. Very disappointing to watch...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Ervin sure has taken a long time for what seemed like a simple procedure. But I'm not a doctor.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Ervin sure has taken a long time for what seemed like a simple procedure. But I'm not a doctor.
                He threw 50 pitches yesterday in a bullpen, and should face live batter Monday and Thursday. Depending on how that goes, he'll probably get sent out for a rehab assignment.

I wouldn't look for him pitching again in the majors before June.
                Last edited by Hornsby; 05-13-2018, 11:40 AM.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• What's the 'pen's take on Mitch Garver now that he is the FT starting catcher for the foreseeable future? Is he 2nd catcher quality in a mixed? I have been suffering thru a $1 Chance Sisco all season...worth a move?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    What's the 'pen's take on Mitch Garver now that he is the FT starting catcher for the foreseeable future? Is he 2nd catcher quality in a mixed? I have been suffering thru a $1 Chance Sisco all season...worth a move?
                    He'll hit a bit, above .250, some power, but he's a brutal defender. Watching him is painful...it might eat into his AB's, but his competition is Bobby Wilson, so...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      He'll hit a bit, above .250, some power, but he's a brutal defender. Watching him is painful...it might eat into his AB's, but his competition is Bobby Wilson, so...
                      ...the answer is yes, he'd probably be better than Sisco.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• So, the Twitterverse is saying Miguel Sano has been demoted all the way down to high-A.

Hope that's inaccurate.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          So, the Twitterverse is saying Miguel Sano has been demoted all the way down to high-A.

Hope that's inaccurate.
                          Is he hurt? Sometimes players rehab wherever is most convenient.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            Is he hurt?
                            Negative

Comment

• Just sucking, apparently.

The Twins optioned Miguel Sano to their Single-A affiliate in Fort Myers on Thursday in hopes the move helps the former All-Star third baseman get back on track.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                Is he hurt? Sometimes players rehab wherever is most convenient.
                                He's probably still not right from the surgery, so yeah, it's safe to say that he's physically at a point where he needs to do more to progress.

Ft. Myers is their ST site, it's modern, it's got all the things that he needs to tear himself back down and rebuild who he is. Coaches are there, Tech is there, and I doubt that he'll have to travel more than he wants to. Frankly, it's probably the best thing for him to do...

“We’re not going to follow the traditional view — just go get at-bats at Triple-A,” said Derek Falvey, the Twins’ chief baseball officer. “We wanted to take a step back and blank-canvas this a bit and say, ‘What do we think the best next steps are for him?’ … We can do a lot of things with the facility we have there, around strength and conditioning and the work you can do from that side.”

The Twins’ roving instructors are all in Fort Myers now, for instance, as the organization works with new draftees to form rookie-league teams, and the team’s weight room is major-league quality.

“We have a lot of staff there, inclusive of [hitting instructor] Freddy Guerrero, who’s really close with Miguel,” Falvey said. “We felt like that was the most supportive environment for what we’re going to try to achieve.”

And what’s the goal? Cutting down on strikeouts, restoring Sano’s pitch recognition, and working him into better physical shape.

“We have his best interests in mind,” Twins manager Paul Molitor said. “And we don’t feel right now that we’re getting what we need from him. He’s going to have to go down there and get to work.”

Sano said he understood and respected the Twins’ decision.

“I’m not mad. I’m happy because I’m struggling,” the 25-year-old Dominican said. “You know, this is an opportunity they gave me. I know they love me here and everything. … Everybody here trying to help me. It’s a chance to go there and work, and I’ll come back soon.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X