No announcement yet.

2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd stash Liriano on my reserve roster and hope. Just hope he doesn't pull the move we called a "Scott Karl" in my old local NL-Only.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Or a Steve Blass.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Or a Steve Blass.
        Those who are familiar with Blass' complete collapse after 1972 always seem to forget how good he was for a few years before that.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Cumpton took Wandy's spot and may hold it for a while. Here's a good scouting report:

tl;dr ... Charlie Morton lite.

Comment

McCutchen has not hit a HR since APRIL 23rd!!
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              tick...tick...tick...
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

They're not hitting much, and the pitching isn't as good as it was last year IMO, but they're still ahead of the Reds, and that's all that matters to me.

-- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  After hitting 0 home runs in May, McCutchen has 3 already during the month of June. Thanks Mith!
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Gerrit Cole will miss his next start with shoulder fatigue

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Gerrit Cole will miss his next start with shoulder fatigue
                      is there any reason to be concerned that this will turn into a situation that eventually requires surgery?
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                        is there any reason to be concerned that this will turn into a situation that eventually requires surgery?
                        Yes, he is a young pitcher.

More seriously he is a DL candidate and I don't trust the Pirates too much in this situation. They denied on Taillion for quite a while, then went silent, then he had surgery. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                          Yes, he is a young pitcher.
                          Do young pitchers have more shoulder surgeries than older pitchers? I dont know but my first guess is no.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                            Do young pitchers have more shoulder surgeries than older pitchers? I dont know but my first guess is no.
                            I was using that as a reference to all the TJ surgeries this year and to make sure i wasn't just thinking that based on Fernandez and Taillion I found a spreadsheet that had all the TJ surgeries listed for this year and did an average age of all the players from that list that are in rotoworld's database. The average TJ age is 26.06.

Anyway, can't find good shoulder date with just google searches, it was mostly a throwaway comment on the amount of young arms hurt this year not ones with shoulder issues.

Comment

Walker on the DL after an appendectomy, Harrison to play 2B, leaving RF for The Arrival Of Gregory Polanco!!!

Cole to the DL with "shoulder fatigue", Locke recalled.

-- William James

Comment

Polanco with 5 hits last night. I think that's more than the Pirates RF had combined all year.

Fucking Pirates management...
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X