No announcement yet.

2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates manager Derek Shelton said that Oneil Cruz will be the Pirates new center fielder moving forward after a brief transition period where he will start at designated hitter.

Isiah Kiner-Falefa will take over the shortstop position for the Pirates.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• You know things are getting bad when Rowdy Tellez pitches in two games in one week.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        You know things are getting bad when Rowdy Tellez pitches in two games in one week.
        And even worse, tonite he was the most effective RP (or least ineffective).

Comment

• Pirates LHP Marco Gonzales will have surgery to repair a flexor tendon in his left elbow in September and is expected to miss 9-12 months.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Pirates get a head start on their off-season transactions and DFA last winter's two big free agent signings, Rowdy Tellez and Michael A.Taylor. Hopefully, this is the start of an organizational overhaul (again) that includes a front office house cleaning.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Pirates get a head start on their off-season transactions and DFA last winter's two big free agent signings, Rowdy Tellez and Michael A.Taylor. Hopefully, this is the start of an organizational overhaul (again) that includes a front office house cleaning.
              Rowdy Tellez had a clause that triggered a $200,000 bonus if he made 425 plate appearances. The Pirates got rid of him the day after he reached 421. What a great organization to play for.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rowdy Tellez had a clause that triggered a $200,000 bonus if he made 425 plate appearances. The Pirates got rid of him the day after he reached 421. What a great organization to play for.

Cherington said " Aware of it, certainly. I’m aware of the contracts that all players have. No factor at all, zero. And,no, I’m not concerned. If you’re asking about optics going forward and how it affects business and things like that, no. Contracts are negotiated in good faith. Then they live out."

Umm... I don't think you're helping yourself there Ben.
                The fact that it was supposedly in good faith when you negotiated the contract isn't the issue. The issue was that when you cut him just to save $ that wasn't in good faith.

Comment

• Interesting comparison of how the Pirates and Brewers GMs have done in their 5 years on the job.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X