No announcement yet.

2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates call up 2B/SS Alika Williams. He had been hitting .305/.384/.531 with 7 HR & 3 SB in 36 games at Triple-A Indianapolis.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Andrew McCutchen will will miss the rest of the season due to a partially torn Achilles. I'm hoping the Pirates bring him back with another one year deal.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• When asked about Oneil Cruz, Pirates assistant GM Kevan Graves on 93.7 The Fan, said that “It would take a meaningful development to see him on a major league field this year.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mitch Keller held the Cubs to 7 runs in 5.2 innings for the win on Wednesday. He also reached 200 strikeouts for the first time in his career. After going 9-3 with a 3.34 era & 1.10 whip in the first half, Keller is 4-6 with a 5.40 era & 1.45 whip in the second half.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Despite a pedestrian 4.12 ERA, Johan Oviedo has allowed one run or no runs in 15 of his 31 starts this year. He's been the Pirates version of Jekyll and Hyde. The Pirates future top 3 of Skenes, Keller, and Oviedo suddenly looks promising.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

And they're calling up Quinn Priester to start tonite's game.
              Priester looks like he needs about 5 more years of seasoning.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

Priester looks like he needs about 5 more years of seasoning.
                Bless him, but yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post

Bless him, but yes.
                  Why does it feel like he should be a Padre?

Comment

• Johan Oviedo has been dealing with right elbow pain and might need surgery. There goes our hopes for a championship. Sigh....

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Johan Oviedo has been dealing with right elbow pain and might need surgery. There goes our hopes for a championship. Sigh....
                      Johan Oviedo will undergo Tommy John surgery. See you in 2025.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Pirates have hired Sarah Gelles be an Assistant General Manager.

Gelles started her career with an internship with the Pirates organization and then moved to the research and development team with the Orioles and then to the top of the Astros analytics department before returning to Pittsburgh.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• In honor of former Pirates manager Jim Leyland getting voted into The Baseball Hall Of Fame, I thought I would post my favorite Jim Leyland video.

Barry Bonds had just won the NL MVP Award and was unhappy because of the Pirates refusal to give him the contract extension that he wanted before spring training 1991. Minutes before this video, Bonds got angry with reporters and their camera crew. The last straw for Leyland was when Bonds yelled at Pirates hitting coach Bill Virdon. Years later, Bonds was quoted as saying that Jim Leyland was the best manager that he ever played for.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Catcher Endy Rodriguez tore the UCL in his right elbow and will miss the entire 2024 season.

The 23-year-old backstop suffered the injury while swinging the bat during a game while playing winter ball in the Dominican Republic. Rodriguez underwent successful surgery on Tuesday to repair the UCL and flexor tendon in his right elbow.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Pirates are getting Rowdy.

Tellez, that is. He should see a lot of time at first base and designated hitter with his new team.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Pirates sign RHP Mitch Keller to a five-year, $77 million extension.

Wow! I wasn't expecting this. I am pleasantly surprised.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X