2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Local radio says that Pirates broadcaster and former player John Wehner is one of the internal candidates for the vacant manager job.
    Former Indiana Hoosier. I watched him play a few games back in school.
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

• Bucs finish cleaning house, firing GM Neal Huntington

Comment

• I am not saying it's about time...Yes, I am.

Strange to see Pirates news without the Rubber Duck. He hasn't posted since July.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Bucs finish cleaning house, firing GM Neal Huntington
          Yay they can shuffle the deck and find new ways to be bad. I know me not going isn't really changing anything, but I can't justify going as long as Nutting is the owner and the directive with contracts is the same. The Cole trade was inexcusable and if the Pirates can't keep the talent they develop I won't invest my time and money into them. As for Neal, the Archer trade turned out to be a fireable offense. 2 current big leaguers better than Archer AND Baz who looks like he will be better than Archer. Go Bucs!

Comment

• This probably delays the Pirates manager search until after they get a new GM in place. Not sure why the Pirates waited. They should have let Huntington go the same day as Hurdle.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Ben Cherington "has emerged as the Pirates’ No. 1 choice to become their next general manager."

Three sources told Mackey that Cherington has been offered the job and the team is just awaiting his decision. Jon Heyman of MLB Network was told by friends of Cherington that they expect him to take the job. Cherington is currently the Blue Jays' VP of baseball operations.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• arrrrgggghhhh ... Cherington is extremely well regarded up here & is credited with being a key part of the rebuilding of our farm system ... would be a big loss, obviously a big gain for Pittsburgh
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• And now it's being reported as a done deal.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Well, Cherington has come to the right place if he was looking for a team in need of a farm system rebuild. I hope he can convince ownership to spend some more money on Major League players. Although, i fear that Marte will be dealt at next year's trade deadline.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Well, Cherington has come to the right place if he was looking for a team in need of a farm system rebuild. I hope he can convince ownership to spend some more money on Major League players. Although, i fear that Marte will be dealt at next year's trade deadline.
                      Yep and that is how you build the farm system.

Comment

• Derek Shelton named new manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Derek Shelton named new manager.
                          Not the best catch

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Not the best catch
                            I realize that he's not an established manager like Girardi or Madden. The Pirates were never going to pay for someone like that. But, Shelton's credentials look solid on paper. I don't know much else about him. Is there something bad about this guy that i don't know about? Or were you just making fun of the cheap Pirates which i can totally understand as i do the same thing all of the time?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• You think he was a good catch?

Comment

• Oh ok, i forgot about the catcher thing. Carry on.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X