No announcement yet.

2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francisco Cervelli now has 18 RBI after totaling 43, 33, and 31 the last three seasons.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Francisco Cervelli now has 18 RBI after totaling 43, 33, and 31 the last three seasons.
      I think he's just feasting on bad pitching, but actually being healthy has helped a lot. I also think he's trying to be a swing change guy, but I don't think he's actually strong enough to make it work. At least not for HRs. It's weird though, because while his flyball % has gone from 27 to 52 (!) he is actually pulling the ball less.

Comment

• Not sure how this will play out with Moran doing a decent job at 3B so far.

Rob Biertempfel of The Athletic reports that Jung Ho Kang has been granted a work visa to re-enter the United States and "will rejoin the Pirates in the coming days."
        Kang's immigration lawyer posted a photo in a now-deleted tweet of Kang arriving at an airport Thursday afternoon in New York City. Biertempfel notes that it's unclear what kind of shape Kang is in and now long it will take him to actually return to the Pirates' active roster. The South Korean third baseman was not allowed into the United States last year after being arrested for his third DUI in Seoul in December 2016. This is a rather surprising turn of events.
        Source: The Athletic/Rotoworld
        Apr 26 - 3:34 PM
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Kang is under contract with the Pirates in 2018 for $3 million and has a club option in 2019 for $5.5 million or a $250,000 buyout.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I don't think anyone really wanted Kang back. He hasn't exactly come across as a good guy lately. Really interesting and bizarre development. With Freese also on the 25-man I am not even sure how they squeeze Kang on the active roster when he does get ready.

Comment

• 10 foot pole, meet Jung Ho Kang...holder of pole drops it and flees.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• PITTSBURGH -- After Austin Meadows hit his fourth home run in his 11th game on Tuesday night, Pirates manager Clint Hurdle offered some advice for those following the start of Meadows' career."If you're not impressed by Meadows' at-bats," Hurdle said, "you need to go watch another sport right now."It's hard

quote that includes most of the article:

Meadows hit .439 with a 1.282 OPS, eight extra-base hits, seven RBIs, three steals and only three strikeouts in his first 11 games. He was in Wednesday's lineup at PNC Park, starting in center field and batting second.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Meadows is just the fifth player to debut in the expansion era (since 1961) and hit .400 with at least four home runs in his first 40 at-bats. The other four were Albert Pujols, Jeff Francoeur, Brian Giles and Yasiel Puig.

Three of Meadows' first four homers were against lefties. He saw 158 pitches in his first 11 games and only whiffed on eight of them. According to Statcast™, 43.6 percent of his balls in play qualified as "hard-hit."
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Is it worth buying low (or even grabbing off waivers) - 12 team mixed on
                  Polanco

Comment

• He seems like the perennial tease. It would depend on who you are replacing him with. Right now he is lock into battle with Meadows and if Meadows continues to hit Polanco PT is going to take a big hit. Depending on your roster like if your have a reserve bench and want to take a shot that he will eventually start hitting then waiver wire is good if he is available. Trade-wise I wouldn't give up much.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                      Is it worth buying low (or even grabbing off waivers) - 12 team mixed on
                      Polanco
                      Polanco stinks
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Dickerson was gangbusters early in 2017 and then cratered. If that happens again, Polanco could work his way back into Hurdle's good graces. I agree, Polanco looks like a hot mess right now.

In other news, Adam Frazier got demoted. So did Kingham, despite having the best WHIP of any Pirates starter.

Comment

• We're streaking!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Gregory Polanco had the labrum in his left shoulder repaired on Wednesday and will miss 7-9 months. I would bet on the 9 months. He's always been a slow healer. After the All-Star break sounds about right to me.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Gregory Polanco had the labrum in his left shoulder repaired on Wednesday and will miss 7-9 months. I would bet on the 9 months. He's always been a slow healer. After the All-Star break sounds about right to me.
                              Too bad, had high hopes for him next year. Wonder after a major shoulder injury what he will even be like?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                                Too bad, had high hopes for him next year. Wonder after a major shoulder injury what he will even be like?
                                No longer young.

Did I just say that about a28-year old?

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X