No announcement yet.

2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Rodriguez hits a walk off home run in his first game back with the Pirates. Welcome home Serpico!

Last edited by madducks; 08-12-2017, 03:19 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Glasnow with 19 K's and just 2 BB in his last two AAA starts.
      He is dominating AAA. Have to think that Glasnow will be called up soon. I know Williams and Kuhl have held their own but Glasnow has nothing to prove in the minors.

Comment

Glasnow with 19 K's and just 2 BB in his last two AAA starts.
        Glasnow in AAA on Friday with 11 K's and just 1 BB. And he's also 8-0 with a 1.57 ERA in 11 starts. It may take an injury to open up a spot for him though.

Pirates rotation:
        Gerrit Cole 3.96 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 10 wins (2.74 ERA since July 1)
        Ivan Nova 3.87 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, 10 wins (5.93 ERA since July 1)
        Jameson Taillon 4.50 ERA, 1.48 WHIP, 7 wins (8.28 ERA since July 1)
        Chad Kuhl 4.53 ERA, 1.52 WHIP, 5 wins (2.93 ERA since July 1)
        Trevor Williams 4.17 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, 5 wins (3.12 ERA since July 1)

Take away two unexplained late July blowout losses by Taillon and he has a more respectable 3.06 ERA on the season. Nova has been struggling lately so he's a possible DL candidate.
        Last edited by madducks; 08-12-2017, 03:13 AM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Since the Pirates view Glasnow as such a mega prospect that they couldn't possibly trade him, BRING HIM UP!!! Jesus the Pirates management/ownership is fucking horrid.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Since the Pirates view Glasnow as such a mega prospect that they couldn't possibly trade him, BRING HIM UP!!! Jesus the Pirates management/ownership is fucking horrid.
            Who would you bump from the rotation?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Who would you bump from the rotation?
              Sadly the uber mega prospect isn't good enough to bump anyone.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Pirates give Clint Hurdle a four year contract extension.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mitch Keller, Pirates AA SP, in probably his last start of the year, threw a complete game one-hitter and only needed 90 pitches to do it.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• The Pirates are skipping Jameson Taillon's next start. Both Taillon and Glasnow pitched on Friday and Indianapolis was eliminated from the AAA playoffs tonight. Glasnow should get another look since he has been pitching well while limiting the walks in AAA.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Recently released Juan Nicasio with two saves in two days for the Pirates opponent.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Recently released Juan Nicasio with two saves in two days for the Pirates opponent.
                        Huntingdon looks like a fucking fool for the way he handled Nicasio.

Comment

The Pirates are skipping Jameson Taillon's next start. Both Taillon and Glasnow pitched on Friday and Indianapolis was eliminated from the AAA playoffs tonight. Glasnow should get another look since he has been pitching well while limiting the walks in AAA.
                          And Glasnow gets obliterated with 6 BBs in 2 2/3 IP

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            And Glasnow gets obliterated with 6 BBs in 2 2/3 IP
                            But, but he's a super prospect that just can't be traded for actual talented players!!

Comment

• Jung Ho Kang was released by his Dominican Winter League team.
                              Kang got the boot after batting just .143 with one homer and 31 strikeouts in 24 games. He also committed four errors. It's just the latest setback for Kang, who missed the entire 2017 season following a third DUI arrest last December. The Pirates haven't given up on the possibility that Kang will be with the club in spring training, but he has been unable to secure a United States visa and it's unclear if it will ever happen. The status of his playing career is up in the air.
                              (Source: Yonhap News/Rotoworld)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Josh Harrison out six weeks with a fractured hand.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X