2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Gerrit Cole has now won his last 3 starts while giving up just 3 er in 20 ip. More K's would be nice. But, i guess we can't have everything.

Josh Harrison already has more home runs (9) this season than he had in the last two seasons (8) combined!

Only 19 more games until Starling Marte gets back.

If Gregory Polanco doesn't start hitting, he could be benched when Marte returns.

Tyler Glasnow's most recent start in AAA: 5 ip, 4 h, 2 er, 4 bb, 11 k

Josh Bell is quietly trending upward with June numbers of .271/.354/.571
    Last 7 games (before today) Polanco hit .320 with 2 homers...just sayin'.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Last 7 games (before today) Polanco hit .320 with 2 homers...just sayin'.
      He needs to do that for an extended period if he wants to avoid losing his job to (gulp) Adam Frazier.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Come on Tyler figure out cutting down those BB!

Comment

• Marte eligible to return Tuesday. I was able to stash him 2 weeks ago in 1 mixed league. Looking forward to his SB though I will likely sit him for the first couple of games.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            Come on Tyler figure out cutting down those BB!
            Glasnow yesterday in AAA: 7 ip, 3 h, 0 r, 0 bb, 6 k's. So, that's an improvement.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Glasnow yesterday in AAA: 7 ip, 3 h, 0 r, 0 bb, 6 k's. So, that's an improvement.
              If he can continue with this there is no doubt he'll find his way back to the ML. So far at AAA 36.1 IP 55 K 15 BB 1.49 ERA 0.97 WHIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                If he can continue with this there is no doubt he'll find his way back to the ML. So far at AAA 36.1 IP 55 K 15 BB 1.49 ERA 0.97 WHIP.
                Sorry, but he always lights it up in the minors. And stinks when called up. Maybe fantasy teams that are playing for next year can afford to take a chance on him.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Sorry, but he always lights it up in the minors. And stinks when called up. Maybe fantasy teams that are playing for next year can afford to take a chance on him.
                  He wasnt good the first time up in the majors but so what? There are plenty of great players who whiff their first time in the bigs. While his numbers have been very good in the minors, the walks have always been high in the past. This time in AA the walks are down. I wouldnt rush him into my fantasy lineup when he gets recalled but I would definitel grab him and stash him. His K potential could be a difference-maker down the stretch.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    He wasnt good the first time up in the majors but so what? There are plenty of great players who whiff their first time in the bigs. While his numbers have been very good in the minors, the walks have always been high in the past. This time in AA the walks are down. I wouldnt rush him into my fantasy lineup when he gets recalled but I would definitel grab him and stash him. His K potential could be a difference-maker down the stretch.
                    Dont agree. If your team is in the hunt you need production now. So that means a team out of it is better suited to take that chance.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Marte comes back Tuesday. I expect that taking 2 of 3 from the Cards has kept the Pirates interested in standing pat until closer to the deadline.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Marte comes back Tuesday. I expect that taking 2 of 3 from the Cards has kept the Pirates interested in standing pat until closer to the deadline.
                        This four game series with first place Milwaukee that starts tomorrow should determine whether or not the Pirates are buyers or sellers at the trade deadline. By Friday the Pirates could be anywhere from 3 games out of first to 11 games out of first. So, it's a make or break week for the Buccos.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Just swept a four game series from the first place Brewers to reach .500 and pull within 3 games. The Pirates have won 11 of 13 and are starting to look like buyers now.
                          Last edited by madducks; 07-20-2017, 02:47 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jameson Taillon, my lord, what has happened? ::

Comment

• Glasnow with 19 K's and just 2 BB in his last two AAA starts.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Fan favorite, clubhouse favorite, and super utility player Sean Rodriguez claimed off of waivers by the Pirates.
                                Last edited by madducks; 08-12-2017, 03:18 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X