OK I'm starting to come around to A-Rod's side of things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK I'm starting to come around to A-Rod's side of things

He walked out of his arbitration hearing this morning. This is pretty ridiculous. I kind of agree with him.

"This morning, after Bud Selig refused to come in and testify about his rationale for the unprecedented and totally baseless punishment he hit me with, the arbitrator selected by MLB and the Players Association refused to order Selig to come in and face me.

“The absurdity and injustice just became too much. I walked out and will not participate any further in this farce."

The article claims two things: it says the arbitrator refused to call Selig to testify, while ARod's quote says Selig refused to come in and testify. Which is it?

Comment

The article seems to say that Selig refused to come on his own, and THEN the arbitrator failed to compel him to come after he refused to come voluntarily.

Comment

That's how I read it, JC.
        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          The article seems to say that Selig refused to come on his own, and THEN the arbitrator failed to compel him to come after he refused to come voluntarily.
          This likely is right. Typically, arbitrators do not have subpoena power over third parties. However, I'm not sure that Selig is a third party. I'm sure there is more to this than is being reported.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            And a-roid refused to come in during the summer meetings.

In the end, all that really matters is did this sh1thead cheating bastard do what they say he did?

Funny, there a bunch of people giving evidence but, like lance Armstrong said about all his accusers, they are lying.

Of course, the truth came out eventually.

Comment

He's done with this farce. He's going to deal with the farce in Federal Court instead. One farce at a time is all he can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                He's done with this farce. He's going to deal with the farce in Federal Court instead. One farce at a time is all he can handle.
                I just farced. I need to changr my undies.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

He sounds like Lance Armstrong. Deny, outraged, how dare you, my legacy, trying to take me down, etc.
                  Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                    He sounds like Lance Armstrong. Deny, outraged, how dare you, my legacy, trying to take me down, etc.
                    Playing the outraged card is the oldest trick in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Playing the outraged card is the oldest trick in the book.

but dude. He missed his daughter's ninth birthday over this!!!!!!
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I loved that he said top moment of his career was hitting a HR in a meaningless game after getting beaned by Lackey. He did also mention some World Series moments as top moments but said that was what he will look back at as his #1. Typical Arod.
                        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

This will likely be ARods last walk-off......
                          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                            This will likely be ARods last walk-off......
                            Not a chance...this was all very carefully calculated by a team of expert lawyers. It'll be interesting to see what is released, by both MLB and the A-Rod camp. People tend to forget that he's not failed a test in any way, and that the testimony against him is bought, with both money and threats. I'm pretty sure that A-Rod plays this year and fill out the rest of his contract, mush to the chagrin of the Yankees.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              but dude. He missed his daughter's ninth birthday over this!!!!!!
                              Really?

Comment

Working...
                              X