Keeper help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper help

Our Fantasy hot Stove is coming up. I am going for the first ever repeat.

16 teams H2H

Here are the givens:

1B Goldschmidt
    2B Cano
    SS Segura
    OF McCutchen
    OF Werth

SP Fernandez
    SP Wheeler

Farm Yelich, DeShields Buxton

Choose one of:
    Beltre, Greinke, Hamels

Choose five of:
    Jeff Locke
    Leonys Martin
    Brad Miller
    Josh Rutledge
    Kole Calhoun
    Yusmeiro Petit
    Francisco Lindor
    Yasmani Grandal
    Yan Gomes
    Pedro Strop
    Lonnie Chisenhall
    Josh Willingham
    Tanner Roark
    Tyler Thornburg
    Zach McAllister
    Matt Harvey

I also have a round 8 option on Ernest Frieri

This clearly the second best roster.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Beltre, and then highly dependent on your keeper rules. But based on talent and long term upside (which I think should still be a priority even though you are going for the repeat, because these guys would be appealing trade chips down the stretch)--Miller, Lindor, Willingham, and, why not, Harvey (again this depends on keeper rules, but in my 16 team league, which is not a dynasty, but leans that way, Harvey still has great value as a late season trade chip to a dumping team).

Comment

I dont see keeping Willingham over either Martin or Calhoun, much less both. Also that is only four.

What is Frieri's status in the bullpen? If he closes, he would be wrth the option cost. Otherwise not.

The keeper rules are a bit arcane. The short version is that we have eight middle round picks we can use to pick up options. I plan to execise the options on Wheeler (12th round), Werth (10th round) and Fernandez (16th round). Round advances 4 per year. I could get a CY or MVP candidate for Fernandez. The others are slotted after Werth in preseason Y! rank. Miller, Martin and Calhoun will be priciest. Lindor and Harvey cheapest.

I still hesitate to drop Grienke for Beltre. SP is a bear to draft. RP is MUCH easier.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Beltre. 3B is far bigger of a black hole in a league of your depth than SP.

These five, IMO:

Leonys Martin
        Brad Miller
        Josh Willingham
        Zach McAllister
        Matt Harvey or Pedro Strop

I'd keep Harvey given your rules, and your statement that RP are easy to come by. And I like Willingham more than Calhoun, but your mileage may vary.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Not easy but much less difficult.

It isnt the difference in bats between Willingham and Calhhoun, its the eight years.

I am getting resigned to losing Lindor. Sigh.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Beltre

Gomes, Harvey, Martin are the easiest, and then I'd lean towards Willingham and Miller, I guess, but I'd have no objections to keeping Lindor over Willingham if you think corner outfielders will be plentiful at the draft.

Comment

That's the first vote for Yan Gomes and you call him easy. Care to unpack your thinking? He would be pretty cheap.

We start three OF and I have Werth, Cutch, Martin and Yelich already. Another OF would be a utility player.

J

PS The veteran draft committee is having Yelich photographed for his enshrinement bust.
              Last edited by onejayhawk; 11-22-2013, 09:28 AM.
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
              X