2K23: Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
    I'm curious about Justin Upton, beyond the personal interest I have with him on my fantasy team. He was considered one of the more consistent hitters in the league, but he's been dreadful this year. League leader in Ks with 53 in 131 ABs. Only 9 of his 29 hits have been for extra bases, and only 2 HRs (on pace for 9) when he's hit at least 15 every season since 2008 when he first had over 350 ABs. Most recently he hit 27, 29, 26 homers in the past three years. Is this a case of post-contract apathy? Some hidden injury? There's got to be some explanation, I think...
    3 months later and still the same. Thoughts on him for 2017? While I'm sure it would be a mistake, I'm close to dropping him in a dynasty to get somebody who can help me down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
      3 months later and still the same. Thoughts on him for 2017? While I'm sure it would be a mistake, I'm close to dropping him in a dynasty to get somebody who can help me down the stretch.
      I just dropped him....I'm sure he will be better at some point, but if you have a clear upgrade that can help you win, I'd make the move.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        Anibal Sanchez - unwatchable.
        He's been pretty good lately. Tempted to start him next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          He's been pretty good lately. Tempted to start him next week.
          He has been better except for the road start against Tex. His road stats this season ERA 8.12 WHIP 1.79 vs home ERA 4.42 WHIP 1.36. The biggest reason for his better pitching as of late is increased MPH of his fastball. He has been hitting 93-94. From a fantasy prospective he is Russian Roulette.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I just dropped him....I'm sure he will be better at some point, but if you have a clear upgrade that can help you win, I'd make the move.
            We now have the Upton Fix. 3 days to rest and contemplate life. Then Start. If no results rinse and repeat. Today 2 HR 6 RBI.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
              Thank god I held onto Upton. He may be leading me to a title

Comment

JD Martinez out at least 4 weeks with a Lis Franc sprain.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  JD Martinez out at least 4 weeks with a Lis Franc sprain.
                  And thanks again to all those who helped me get over the hump on dealing him.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Anaball is pitching his third straight pretty good game since returning from the minors, is it all for real? Anyone have knowledge regarding his velo? Is he a buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                      Anaball is pitching his third straight pretty good game since returning from the minors, is it all for real? Anyone have knowledge regarding his velo? Is he a buy?
                      If I'm reading the metrics right, his velocity is up a bit, back up a shade over 92. But his hard hit ball percentage is scary bad. I'd only be buying if I were both desperate and had limited choices.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I was at the game Sat. Sanchez fastball did get up to 92 but he threw alot of off-speed pitches. His fastball probably averaged around 90. I mentioned to my brother-in-law that there were not many GB outs. When I looked up the stats there were only 2 GB outs The guy is 33 so I wouldn't bank on him turning it around but he can be effective as long as keeps the BB down, can hit his spots and good defense behind him. The problem with trusting him is that you know sooner or later he is going to throw a clunker giving up a bunch of runs.

Comment

Speaking of the Tigers they are getting close to dumping. There is quite a bit of talk that JV will be traded but that might take some magic to move him with his contract. I do expect JD, Avila, Justin Wilson to be traded with Kinsler as a possibility. Miggy, Vmart, Upton and Zimmerman will be impossible to move unless Ilitch wants to start throwing money out the window. Maybe he can offset those losses by raising pizza prices. The Tigers are stuck in no-man land where they cannot win with what they have and just can't get rid of players who are paid way more than their current production. Not sure if Tiger fans are ready for this because this team has had a nice run since 05 but tougher days are coming. It is sad in Detroit as the Lions may be the best team in town.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                            Speaking of the Tigers they are getting close to dumping. There is quite a bit of talk that JV will be traded but that might take some magic to move him with his contract. I do expect JD, Avila, Justin Wilson to be traded with Kinsler as a possibility. Miggy, Vmart, Upton and Zimmerman will be impossible to move unless Ilitch wants to start throwing money out the window. Maybe he can offset those losses by raising pizza prices. The Tigers are stuck in no-man land where they cannot win with what they have and just can't get rid of players who are paid way more than their current production. Not sure if Tiger fans are ready for this because this team has had a nice run since 05 but tougher days are coming. It is sad in Detroit as the Lions may be the best team in town.
                            Why would they trade Justin Wilson? He's very cheap, and he's not eligible for free agency until 2019...
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Why would they trade Justin Wilson? He's very cheap, and he's not eligible for free agency until 2019...
                              My guess is:
                              - he's not this good;
                              - he'll fetch a lot because he's cheap; and
                              - rebuilding teams don't need closers.

Oh, and by the way, Mike Ilitch is dead....

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                My guess is:
                                - he's not this good;
                                - he'll fetch a lot because he's cheap; and
                                - rebuilding teams don't need closers.

Oh, and by the way, Mike Ilitch is dead....
                                Probably, but repeat he's cheap at least 5 more times. I don't think that he'd fetch a lot more because he's cheap, the contenders all have pretty full wallets.

But what the hell, if he's gone the Tigers can always turn to Rondon again...that's worked out SO well in the past for them.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X