No announcement yet.

2K23: Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Upton goes 0-4 tonight with 3 Ks tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
      Im admittedly behind on my viewing of his outings so far. I saw his first start though and his secondary stuff had great movement. It was one start granted, but I had faith after the strong finish last year post core surgery and thought he had a good chance to get back to form the further removed he was. He just put out that tweet about being almost there(https://twitter.com/JustinVerlander/...88457351507968) and as my SP4 I think I have to hold
      I'm sure I'll jinx it, since I own him, but since this tweet his fastball is up a full mph from ~93 to ~94. He never averaged 94 over a full month last year. And the results have been there too - over 17 IP (posting in the middle of the game on Wednesday here..) just 7 H, 5 BB, 20 K, 1 ER. That'll do.

Makes you wonder -- it almost seems like he corrected a mechanical flaw that he found.

Comment

I know it's the Phillies but Verlander looks great. 10 Ks and top of the 8 K Herrera going 97 mph. Sweet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          I know it's the Phillies but Verlander looks great. 10 Ks and top of the 8 K Herrera going 97 mph. Sweet!!!
          Surprisingly, the Phillies are a playoff contender right now so yeah Verlander does look great.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Surprisingly, the Phillies are a playoff contender right now so yeah Verlander does look great.
            they aren't a playoff contender based on their bats though. Not taking anything away from Verlander.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Yeah, I was referring more to their hitters. The Phillies have pitched well so far this season.

Comment

Once again Verlander dominates for 7 innings and then gets shelled in the 8th. Is Brad Ausmus ever going to learn that Verlander is no longer the 9 inning/120 pitch beast that he used to be and get him out of there after 7 innings/100 pitches? He's constantly killing Verlander's ratios by leaving him in too long.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Anibal Sanchez removed from the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Anibal Sanchez removed from the rotation.

Pelfrey needs to be removed as well.
                    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

JD Martinez has a non displaced fracture of his right elbow, no word on how long he will be out. Hurt it bracing himself after running into the OF wall.

Comment

it isn't good. Broken elbow. CT scan tomorrow.

Comment

For the second time this year Cleveland torches Verlander's ratios. Why does he have so much trouble with the Indians and not anyone else?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

For the second time this year Cleveland torches Verlander's ratios. Why does he have so much trouble with the Indians and not anyone else?
                            It's a team effort. Tigers after this game will be 0-9 against the Tribe.

Comment

Well at the least Santana helped by going 0-5.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Anibal Sanchez - unwatchable.

Comment

Working...
                                X