2K23: Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
    Oh, cool. Thanks for bridging the gap. Ive only been posting here for a few months so I did not know that. Im glad im not the only one on the Verly bandwagon though lol
    np. You could send him a message at twitter.com/sporer; he's pretty responsive, especially if you're asking about Verlander. I don't think he checks his pjs24 account here much any more.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      np. You could send him a message at twitter.com/sporer; he's pretty responsive, especially if you're asking about Verlander. I don't think he checks his pjs24 account here much any more.
      Awesome, thanks man! I just might have to drop him a line for some JV encouragement

Comment

As a Tiger fan Verlander is frustrating. What i see is that he cannot blow hitters away like he used to. His fastball has continued to have less velocity and hitters and making him pay. I know it is still early in the season but the signs are troubling.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          As a Tiger fan Verlander is frustrating. What i see is that he cannot blow hitters away like he used to. His fastball has continued to have less velocity and hitters and making him pay. I know it is still early in the season but the signs are troubling.
          Im admittedly behind on my viewing of his outings so far. I saw his first start though and his secondary stuff had great movement. It was one start granted, but I had faith after the strong finish last year post core surgery and thought he had a good chance to get back to form the further removed he was. He just put out that tweet about being almost there(https://twitter.com/JustinVerlander/...88457351507968) and as my SP4 I think I have to hold

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            Paul used to post here a lot more before he started at Fangraphs etc. and got a little too big-time for us little people, and he's a huge Verlander fan.
            We're just a bunch of AAAA players.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Well, I think its safe to say Verlander wasnt too far off on that tweet. Good start today(7 IP, 9Ks, 3H, 2BB) only to have the bullpen blow it

Comment

And giving up a grand slam to Wilson who was just traded by the Tigers.

Comment

Tigers now lost 7th straight. Many expect Ausmus to be fired soon but I don't know if that will happen. I think the next two weeks Tigers absolutely must turn it around otherwise....

Comment

Just a year ago, Daniel Norris was seen as a potential future ace. Since then, a cancer diagnosis, a back injury, and AAA struggles have moved him off the radar. But does he still have that upside?

I've been offered Dillon Tate for my Norris and Dietrich. Who has the brighter future? The struggling 23 year old just called up to the bullpen or the top pitcher pick in the 2015 draft who is still in A ball at 22?
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-12-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Pretty decent chance that Tate will be a reliever, isn't there? He's only had one year ever as a starter, to my knowledge.
                      Tate has been a starter exclusively as a pro. And he was a starter as a junior at UCSB after his fresh/soph years out of the pen.

The Rangers drafted him as a starter and intend for him to start. He certainly could end up in the pen, but only if he's unable to succeed as a starter.

I agree with the Norris/Dietrich side, primarily following the TINSTAPP mantra though.

Comment

Yeah, the Rangers didn't take Tate as the top arm in the draft to be in the bullpen. Of course, there is the risk he ends up there anyway. But I pretty much know what Tate's risk/reward is. Its Norris that has me stumped--but that FIP data is encouraging. I know this is likely the best offer I'd get for him, because players caught in the limbo of no longer being a prospect, but still being a minor leaguer who hasn't shown much in call ups to the majors have low perceived value.

So much of Norris' future is tied to his velocity. Anyone know where I can get reliable velocity data on him? He has such a great repertoire of pitches that if he is still getting up to 92+ consistently, I'm not worried about him. But if his FB velocity has dipped, that coupled with his command issues, may mean its time to bail. He may eventually get it back, but I don't know if it will be this year, and if it isn't, I probably can't find a spot to keep him.

Comment

I'm curious about Justin Upton, beyond the personal interest I have with him on my fantasy team. He was considered one of the more consistent hitters in the league, but he's been dreadful this year. League leader in Ks with 53 in 131 ABs. Only 9 of his 29 hits have been for extra bases, and only 2 HRs (on pace for 9) when he's hit at least 15 every season since 2008 when he first had over 350 ABs. Most recently he hit 27, 29, 26 homers in the past three years. Is this a case of post-contract apathy? Some hidden injury? There's got to be some explanation, I think...
                          Last edited by SlideRule; 05-12-2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                            I'm curious about Justin Upton...
                            Sadly, I settled for upton instead of going the extra couple of dollars for altuve...HUGE mistake

Comment

Per Upton, he's about the epitome of streak hitter. Last year, he had a two-month run where he averaged about .190 and hit for an OPS over those two months of under .600.

That doesn't mean there's something wrong...but at least there's a basis for waiting him out
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Upton hasn't been good so far but his career goes hot and cold. He started in CF last night for the 1st time ever so the Tigers could get Moya in the line-up. Fantasy owners and Tigers need his bat to come alive. A .580 OPS is just....

Comment

Working...
                                X